Try 30 days of free premium.

User permissions

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Vodka2014 wrote:
Can i request rights to add and edit shows ?

Edit you can already, if you become trusted contributor at some point, you can also add shows :)

gazza911 wrote 8 years ago: 1

Looks like this is new, Assisting Contributor: can add shows, have access to dataentry tools and edit logs.

Can we apply for this at all?

TomSouthwell wrote 8 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
Looks like this is new, Assisting Contributor: can add shows, have access to dataentry tools and edit logs.
Can we apply for this at all?

Noone can apply for staff positions at the moment, but staff are always reviewing current high perforning members

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

david wrote:
This is for historical / technical reasons. We're aware this isn't ideal; there's an open ticket to investigate if we can improve it. For now, please request any changes in Edit Requests :)

It's been another 2 months. Is there no updates on this?

S1S13AF7 wrote 7 years ago: 1

Hi. I've been unable to edit due to the pending verification for a long time; actually, stucked from the very beginning and I'm still waiting for the permission. Could you please promote me?
Thank you.

JuanArango wrote 7 years ago: 1

S1S13AF7 wrote:
Hi. I've been unable to edit due to the pending verification for a long time; actually, stucked from the very beginning and I'm still waiting for the permission. Could you please promote me?
Thank you.

I messaged you back then, that summaries are only allowed in English, but you never messaged me back :)

I will enable your editing now.

cheers
Juan

deleted wrote 7 years ago: 1

gazza911 wrote:
It's been another 2 months. Is there no updates on this?

I personally think it won't be a good idea to allow every member to add them (I've seen several people inserting wrong ID's when they request shows. It would only be harder to trace them back once inserted.)

gazza911 wrote 7 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
I personally think it won't be a good idea to allow every member to add them (I've seen several people inserting wrong ID's when they request shows. It would only be harder to trace them back once inserted.)

The update I was referring to was the possibility of seeing them as disabled in the edit page; in other words the same as the show's name. We can't edit it, but the field is shown there.

Dragen wrote 7 years ago: 1

So how do I get promoted?

I've hit the limit thrice now, and I have over 550 edits/creations on file.

Dragen wrote:
So how do I get promoted?
I've hit the limit thrice now, and I have over 550 edits/creations on file.

we talk about promotions once a month with the staff, you are doing fine so far, but keep in mind that many people do contribute a lot here :)

GodisgoodA wrote 7 years ago: 1

david wrote:
UPDATE: From now on, please refer to http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/10/user-permissions for the latest information on user permissions.
Our vision for the future is a more autonomous system where permissions are automatically granted based on your reputation. I imagine a system where all contributions can be upvoted and downvoted by the rest of the site's users, and that additional permissions are automatically granted when your contributions are rated positively (or taken away when the userbase considers them of low quality!). We'll take it one step at the time though, and use the experience and input we gather meanwhile to shape this vision.

Hi , What must I do to be able to add new episodes.

GodisgoodA wrote:
Hi , What must I do to be able to add new episodes.

you go to the show where you want to add episodes to, then you click on Episodes, then you scroll down to the bottom and click on the CREATE button :)

Please read our Guidelines before you add stuff, thx :)

Juan

abd.alawwad wrote 7 years ago: 1

david wrote:
UPDATE: From now on, please refer to http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/10/user-permissions for the latest information on user permissions.
Our vision for the future is a more autonomous system where permissions are automatically granted based on your reputation. I imagine a system where all contributions can be upvoted and downvoted by the rest of the site's users, and that additional permissions are automatically granted when your contributions are rated positively (or taken away when the userbase considers them of low quality!). We'll take it one step at the time though, and use the experience and input we gather meanwhile to shape this vision.

Hello, I read FAQ about user permission and I just wanna ask, how do user promoted to next level of contribution, is it contribution point, or something else??? thank you.

abd.alawwad wrote:

Hello, I read FAQ about user permission and I just wanna ask, how do user promoted to next level of contribution, is it contribution point, or something else??? thank you.

If you read what david said you got your answer :)

abd.alawwad wrote 7 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
If you read what david said you got your answer :)

I read it and he said its an auto feature, but what is the trigger, is it points, activity, quality, or what ??? how to determine that this user must be promoted??

Try 30 days of free premium.