Try 30 days of free premium.

The Ranch Season Count

tunefind wrote 6 years ago: 1

TVmaze shows Season 1 with 20 episodes. Ep 1-10 are April 1 2016, ep 2-20 are Oct 7. S2 ep 1-10 are June 16.

However, Netflix shows three "parts" Part 1 is April 1 episodes, part 2 is Oct 6 episodes, and part 3 is June 16, 2017 episodes.

Should we conform to Netflix?

gazza911 wrote 6 years ago: 1

I'm not too sure on this, looking back at the press release, it says:

The Ranch - Part 2 of season one premieres globally October 7, 2016 at 12:01am PT

pentar wrote 6 years ago: 1

This is covered in the series wiki.

"Season 1 of the Ranch consists of two parts of 10 episodes being released on separate dates. Netflix describes them as 2 parts and not as 2 seasons."

tunefind wrote 6 years ago: 1

pentar wrote:
This is covered in the series wiki.

"Season 1 of the Ranch consists of two parts of 10 episodes being released on separate dates. Netflix describes them as 2 parts and not as 2 seasons."

Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Rickiesgal wrote 5 years ago: 1

Could the wiki be updated to reflect this for all seasons? Someone just resorted all but season one episodes into new seasons. Assuming they read the wiki which only referred to season 1, left that alone, and then somehow did away with season 2 , and we were left with season 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6. I've fixed it and left a note on user's talk page. But the wiki should be updated.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Rickiesgal wrote:
Could the wiki be updated to reflect this for all seasons? Someone just resorted all but season one episodes into new seasons. Assuming they read the wiki which only referred to season 1, left that alone, and then somehow did away with season 2 , and we were left with season 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6. I've fixed it and left a note on user's talk page. But the wiki should be updated.

thx for fixing and the wiki is updated :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

Want to revive the thread. Could somebody, please, tell me why exactly do we combine two parts in a single season?

It's just someone is questioning now Chilling Adventures of Sabrina listings, and from what I could tell the situation is pretty similar.

For what it worth, the Netflix's page for The Ranch says "All 6 Seasons Now on Netflix".

It's kind of hard to explain to people why we don't follow the obvious...

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Want to revive the thread. Could somebody, please, tell me why exactly do we combine two parts in a single season?

It's just someone is questioning now Chilling Adventures of Sabrina listings, and from what I could tell the situation is pretty similar.

For what it worth, the Netflix's page for The Ranch says "All 6 Seasons Now on Netflix".

Pretty sure this should be two separate seasons like any other show we did from Netflix when they called it part 1 and 2

Thomas wrote:
Pretty sure this should be two separate seasons like any other show we did from Netflix when they called it part 1 and 2

Any other except for The Ranch? :D 6 parts but only 3 seasons.
There's some other show I can't remember, which is also have Part 1 and 2 combined in a single season . I'll try to find it now.

UPD OK, forget it, I think I figured it out myself :D
The Ranch is the only series which actually mentioned seasons in their press releases. Others just talking about parts, so we decided to treat each of those parts as a separate season, correct?

tnt wrote:
Any other except for The Ranch? :D 6 parts but only 3 seasons.
There's some other show I can't remember, which is also have Part 1 and 2 combined in a single season . I'll try to find it now.

UPD OK, forget it, I think I figured it out myself :D
The Ranch is the only series which actually mentioned seasons in their press releases. Others just talking about parts, so we decided to treat each of those parts as a separate season, correct?

Well netflix always listed them as part 1 and part 2 (like they do with seasons on their page), but called part 2 from what I recall next season :p

but gazza said above months ago that it was called part 2 of season 1, in that case it would not qualify lol

so this situation might be trickier than the others.

Thomas wrote:
so this situation might be trickier than the others.

Yeah, it seems that The Ranch is an exception, not the rule :)

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Yeah, it seems that The Ranch is an exception, not the rule :)

:)

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:

With Sabrina, it seems to me they're ordering the episodes in batches like seasons (they ordered 20 episodes, then 16), but separate them into parts so they can spread it out instead of all at once... The cliffhanger for part 1 felt more like a midseason broadcast finale and the cliffhanger for part 2 was bigger an felt more like a season finale. Plus splitting into parts means they can order more than usual so it seems like it gets more than usual so it's not weird when they cancel it after 3 seasons/6 parts. :P

If Netflix were to combine the episodes from Part 1 and Part 2 sections into Season 1 and re-order the episodes, I'd say we could do seasons with all those episodes, but if Netflix wants to be weird and call them a "Part" then we should follow that. I don't watch The Ranch but it says "6 Parts" on the overview for the show.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

kevin87 wrote:
With Sabrina, it seems to me they're ordering the episodes in batches like seasons (they ordered 20 episodes, then 16), but separate them into parts so they can spread it out instead of all at once... The cliffhanger for part 1 felt more like a midseason broadcast finale and the cliffhanger for part 2 was bigger an felt more like a season finale. Plus splitting into parts means they can order more than usual so it seems like it gets more than usual so it's not weird when they cancel it after 3 seasons/6 parts. :P

If Netflix were to combine the episodes from Part 1 and Part 2 sections into Season 1 and re-order the episodes, I'd say we could do seasons with all those episodes, but if Netflix wants to be weird and call them a "Part" then we should follow that. I don't watch The Ranch but it says "6 Parts" on the overview for the show.

The problem here is Netflix calls it seasons for Sabrina on their German and UK website :)

bungle wrote 4 years ago: 1

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/37759/cupcake-dino-general-services/episodes < on this show Netflix lists the 1st and 2nd seasons' episodes as combined, but we have only the second season split into two part episodes. is there any reason for this? seems weird to me only one season is split. ;)

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
Guys,

Just to be sure:

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/38804/no-good-nick

Episode 11-20 considered S02 or part of S01?

Personally I think due to the lack of information about it (their media site doesn't return any press releases - found this via google) I'd say that we'd have to consider it as season 2.

Considering that this is happening more frequently I'd suggest setting the season's name to what we determine it to be, i.e "Parts 1 & 2" for Season 1 of The Ranch, "Part 1" & "Part 2" for respective seasons of No Good Nick.

Already deleted that comment haha, but no worries. I think it's best to stick to two separate seasons indeed.

Try 30 days of free premium.