Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
The show has no title at all so far, both are working titles, but choose whatever you want, I am not going into an endless discussion for such a minor detail, the title will be changed later to the official title anyways.

Yes, but what do I do with the next non-English series? Under which name should I add it, original or English? Two HCs saying exactly the opposite makes it not so "minor detail".

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Yes, but what do I do with the next non-English series? Under which name should I add it, original or English? Two HCs saying exactly the opposite makes it not so "minor detail".

The policy is 100% clear on this:

Such a name is only considered official when it's actively used by the Show's original network or producers.

if there is an official source using the English title over the foreign one, then we are using the English title.

JuanArango wrote:
The policy is 100% clear on this:

Such a name is only considered official when it's actively used by the Show's original network or producers.

if there is an official source using the English title over the foreign one, then we are using the English title.

Yes, I've considered it 100% clear, until you've removed official (working) English title in favor of official (working) Romanian title. Hence the question :P

BTW, in this case we should rename every single one of non-English Netflix originals, 'cause they all have an official English name, obviously.

tnt wrote:
You've just removed official (working) English title in favor of official (working) Romanian title. So excuse me, but it doesn't look 100% clear. Hence the question :P

because I have not seen any official site or press release using the English title, all the articles are news articles from various sources. But as Thomas insisted heavily in the chat to use the English title, I let it go, it is 37 degrees here and that working title will be replaced soon anyways by the official one

tnt wrote:
Yes, I've considered it 100% clear, until you've removed official (working) English title in favor of official (working) Romanian title. Hence the question :P

BTW, in this case we should rename every single one of non-English Netflix originals, 'cause they all have an official English name, obviously.

We need to make a difference here, of course everything on netflix.com is translated into English, but is this just a translation from the original language, or is this the official title worldwide for the show?

JuanArango wrote:
We need to make a difference here, of course everything on netflix.com is translated into English, but is this just a translation from the original language, or is this the official title worldwide for the show?

I did say "Netflix originals", didn't I? Which means every name Netflix gives it is official, in every language, since Netflix is the only official worldwide source for the show.

The name must be the original name given by the network or web channel.

And even for non-originals, I doubt that they simply "translate" the name, without the blessing of show's creators and/or distributors.

tnt wrote:
I did say "Netflix originals", didn't I? Which means every name Netflix gives it is official, in every language, since Netflix is the only official worldwide source for the show.

The name must be the original name given by the network or web channel.

And even for non-originals, I doubt that they simply "translate" the name, without the blessing of show's creators and/or distributors.

Well they translated La casa de Papel into Money Heist :)

Maybe it was a bit confusing what I said. If there is for example a French show named "la porte" in France and the show is called on netflix.com "The Door" and on netflix.de "Die Tür" and on netflix south america "El Puerta, then we can hardly say that "The Door" is an official title.

But if they translate the series to "The Door" on every outlet of netflix outside of France, then "The Door" would be the official English title and not just a translation for an English speaking audience.

SorynEL wrote 4 years ago: 1

I see that I started a whole discussion. It's the same thing with Umbre. A Romanian show made by HBO Europe, airing simultaneously in every region they are available. The official International title is Shadows (and it's a direct translation of the title). And you used Umbre as Original Name and Shadows as AKA. It should be the same here. It's a Romanian show, filmed in Romania, in Romanian language. It should have the official Romanian name here and the International name as AKA.

JuanArango wrote:
Well they translated La casa de Papel into Money Heist :)

Maybe it was a bit confusing what I said. If there is for example a French show named "la porte" in France and the show is called on netflix.com "The Door" and on netflix.de "Die Tür" and on netflix south america "El Puerta, then we can hardly say that "The Door" is an official title.

Or we could say, that besides the official French and English names, the show also have official German and Spanish names as well.

But if they translate the series to "The Door" on every outlet of netflix outside of France, then "The Door" would be the official English title and not just a translation for an English speaking audience.

Who decide, is it an official title or a translation? By which criteria? If the show have, besides an original and English, names in other languages, we didn't consider English name as an official? Or maybe we should consider all names as official ones, each for every corresponding language. Official English name, official German name etc, and act accordingly?

This is definitely not 100% clear, not by any means. There's too much "ifs" and "buts".

Either we use English name for every show which officially have it, or only use it as an AKA for any non-English shows. <-This would be a perfectly clear explanation IMO.

I think it's either needs further discussing in separate thread, or a single decisive answer from TPTB, once and for all.

tnt wrote:

Either we use English name for every show which officially have it, or only use it as an AKA for any non-English shows. <-This would be a perfectly clear explanation IMO.

This is the question that needs an answer!

RaveDave wrote 4 years ago: 1

Can you delete the following episode https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1408804/homicide-city-1x07-south-street-mystery it is the same episode only with a different name as https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1408795/homicide-city-1x01-society-hill-slaying

RaveDave wrote:
Can you delete the following episode https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1408804/homicide-city-1x07-south-street-mystery it is the same episode only with a different name as https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1408795/homicide-city-1x01-society-hill-slaying

Done :)

sammy_hunt wrote 4 years ago: 1

The title of My Life Is Murder (https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/40315/my-life-is-murder) is capitalized wrong. It is showed repeatedly on their official about page (https://10play.com.au/my-life-is-murder/about) with a capital I in "Is". So "My Life Is Murder", not "My Life is Murder" as it is listed currently on TVMaze. Thanks.

sammy_hunt wrote:
The title of My Life Is Murder (https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/40315/my-life-is-murder) is capitalized wrong. It is showed repeatedly on their official about page (https://10play.com.au/my-life-is-murder/about) with a capital I in "Is". So "My Life Is Murder", not "My Life is Murder" as it is listed currently on TVMaze. Thanks.

FIxed.

tnt wrote:
What a generous person! ))))

haha, all deleted :)

Aidan wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
What a generous person! ))))

That's the third nick he's been adding that stuff with, in just a couple of days so I guess something more should be done to block that stuff and others like it.

Try 30 days of free premium.