Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

ohbigun wrote 3 years ago: 1

@eherberg wrote:
In so much as it's numbered with the correct air date, yes.  The point being for users (or anyone, for that matter) is that when users are sourcing numbering using foodnetwork.com (or travelchannel.com, hgtv.com, or any scripps network) those numbers are it's production number (including season numbering as well).  That may or may not be the order it airs in.  Using this example, you currently have season 31 ending July 10th - while season 32 apparently started on April 24th.  As I understand it, overlapping seasons isn't desired here.  This is likely a problem with other series as well and probably why a series like 'House Hunters' has already been changed to a year format.

The problem is with differences between the parent company Discovery and the old maintaining company.  After some emails with Discovery Fan Relations - Confirming what I thought, the old scripps sites like foodnetwork.com, travelchannel.com, etc are maintained by different people than watch.foodnetwork.com or watch.travelchannel.com

Scripps personnel still maintain the old Scripps sites -- but after the merger with Discovery, the 'watch' sites are maintained by Discovery personnel. So while the Scripps-controlled sites have production numbering on episodes and episodes that seem to 'jump' seasons if trying to follow airdates (an extreme example being 'House Hunters' that according to scripps hgtv.com has episodes in this year alone jumping between nine ... yes nine ... seasons) - the Discovery-controlled watch site is the source providing aired order and more importantly providing that numbering to consumer-facing streaming outlets as well such as Vudu, Google Play, Amazon, etc. Even better - occasionally when there is an error on the site, I've had good luck getting corrections done by emailing my contact at Discovery Fan Relations (just 2 months ago getting them to correct an episode of Girl Meets Farm that had been mistakenly put in a previous season while they were still in mid-season).  There's no real "correction" that can be done to a production number - as no matter what order episodes air in, it's production numbering would stay the same.

It's not foolproof - errors do come in.  The consumer-facing 'watch' sites also sometimes lump related entries together and sometimes need a secondary source like Gracenote to sort.  However, anybody working with television metadata should hopefully be aware of the production-focused ordering of the scripps-maintained sites like foodnetwork.com, hgtv.com, travelchannel.com and the rest while noting the airing order listings of watch.foodnetwork.com, watch.travelchannel.com, watch.hgtv.com and the rest - and looking at numbering and change requests with that knowledge assessing those requests.  It's up to each metadata site to decide how to handle that.

On a completely different topic - but as long as we're talking about useful tools for people needing to validate television metadata:  For old series (I mean really old), it can be hard to find valid sources.  I've found that news archive has a fairly complete record of the 'Schenectady Gazette' of all places.  Their Saturday edition had TV listings for the upcoming week in the paper and I've had decent success in looking up some old entries.  I just used it last night to verify 2 airings from 1975 of 'Little House on the Prairie' for example that had airing order entered as DVD order for that particular season.

Thanks for all the info, @eherberg. I was wondering why all the TV meta sites seem to be so screwed up with Food Network shows. I had noticed in the past that shows such as American Pickers had "Season Year" categorization on TVDB. Doesn't play so well with Sonarr as most of the Linux ISO distributors have not adapted the Season Year format.

Allieskat17 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Jan wrote:
Edit Requests can be posted here.
Note: the old thread was closed down due to its size.

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/49833/sexology-with-shan-boodram  Please update episode list

Nikquest wrote 3 years ago: 1

Information appeared on the network that the second season of Love Alarm, which was supposed to be released today, has been postponed to 2021. On Netflix, the release date also disappeared. Please check, and if true, delete the episodes of the second season.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Nikquest wrote:
Information appeared on the network that the second season of Love Alarm, which was supposed to be released today, has been postponed to 2021. On Netflix, the release date also disappeared. Please check, and if true, delete the episodes of the second season.

done

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Allieskat17 wrote:
https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/49833/sexology-with-shan-boodram  Please update episode list

I cannot find an episode list on the official site, do you got a list for me?

@JuanArango wrote:
I cannot find an episode list on the official site, do you got a list for me?

It’s like a hundred episodes. Is there any way I can send you pictures of the list?

@Allieskat17 wrote:
It’s like a hundred episodes. Is there any way I can send you pictures of the list?

you could upload them to imgur or something like that and give me the links to the pictures :)

@JuanArango wrote:
you could upload them to imgur or something like that and give me the links to the pictures :)

I was actually able to type them all out. Here’s the episode numbers, date aired, and episode names. New episodes come out mon-fri daily. 
Sexology

1 april 6 decoding: the perfect profile

2 April 7 what men really want part 1

3 April 8 slip and slide

4 April 9 what women really want part 1

5 April 10 good vibrations

6 April 13 quarantine quarrels

7 April 14 dating during a pandemic

8 April 15 nightstand novelties

9 April 16 virtual connections

10 April 17 quarantine and chill

11 April 20 hot tech during the pandemic

12 April 21 after hour content in quarantine

13 April 22 quarantine date nights

14 April 23 long distance dating during quarantine

15 April 24 quarantined alone

16 April 27 bound together

17 April 28 the different Os

18 April 29 what men really want part 2

19 April 30 the dungeon

20 May 1 Russian doll technique

21 May 4 threesomes

22 May 5 ghosting

23 May 6 bedroom voice

24 May 7 let it flow

25 May 8 what’s your number

26 May 11 shopping spree

27 May 12 decoding dating apps

28 May 13 how to: the flirting approach

29 May 14 how do you measure up

30 May 15 from swipe to date

31 May 18 landscaping

32 May 19 dating as a feminist

33 May 20 the signs of flirting

34 May 21 men’s embarrassing questions part 1

35 May 22 how to guarantee a second date

36 May 25 your questions answered part1

37 May 26 what couples really want

38 May 27 yantra

39 May 28 code red

40 May 29 spotting a cheater

41 June 1 seduction

42 June 2 unfortunate injuries

43 June 3 pronouns

44 June 4 longevity

45 June 5 is this normal

46 June 8 keeping it casual

47 June 9 pleasing a woman

48 June 10 dating apps in queer culture

49 June 11 escape the bad date

50 June 12 getting into position

51 June 15 the big o

52 June 16 self love

53 June 17 lqgtq+ figuring it all out

54 June 18 heightened pleasure

55 June 19 poor performance

56 June 22 situationships

57 June 23 asexuality

58 June 24 lgbtq+ misconceptions

59 June 25 cannabis and intimacy

60 June 26 stds 101

61 June 29 x rated

62 June 30 sending pics

63 July 1 the “p” spot

64 July 2 the spot

65 July 3 social media status

66 July 6 hooking up with an ex

67 July 7 all about iuds

68 July 8 side pieces

69 July 9 money bags

70 July 10 before and after

71 July 13 pda

72 July 14 myth busters

73 July 15 plastic surgery

74 July 16 the back door

75 July 17 decoding attachment styles

76 July 20 is celibacy the answer

77 July 21 what women want part 2

78 July 22 do nice guys finish last

79 July 23 shaming

80 July 24 ultimatums

81 July 27 trifecta of love: polyamory

82 July 28 the art of the phone

83 July 29 trans reproductive options

84 July 30 fire and ice

85 July 31 intimacy while pregnant

86 August 3 confessions of a love addict

87 August 4 dating after heartbreak

88 August 5 condom play

89 August 6 COVID impact: couples

90 August 7 my girlfriend is now my boyfriend

91 August 10 worlds first vr girl

92 August 11 love languages

93 August 12 exposed: the undatables

94 August 13 dms: the do’s and donts

95 August 14 to fuck or not to fuck

96 August 17 stripped down

97 August 18 demisexuality explained

98 August 19 science of attraction

99 August 20 vulva mapping

100 August 21 hot spots: erogenous zones

TonyMayhew wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Allieskat17 wrote:
I was actually able to type them all out. Here’s the episode numbers, date aired, and episode names. New episodes come out mon-fri daily. 
Sexology

You do know you can add the episodes yourself, right?

@TonyMayhew wrote:
You do know you can add the episodes yourself, right?

But not that many. After a few they have to be approved

@Allieskat17 wrote:
But not that many. After a few they have to be approved

I would approve you then, if you want to do it yourself :)

Allieskat17 wrote 3 years ago: 2

@JuanArango wrote:
I would approve you then, if you want to do it yourself :)

Sure I’ll do it myself

TonyMayhew wrote 3 years ago: 1

@Allieskat17 wrote:
Sure I’ll do it myself

I've changed the airday from Mon to Mon-Fri. Should make things easier for you :)

@TonyMayhew wrote:
I've changed the airday from Mon to Mon-Fri. Should make things easier for you :)

Thank you it did

mras wrote 3 years ago: 1

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/6676/beechgrove seems wrong info added.

Acording to https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00721bz, thetvdb, and imdb, it started airing in 1978 (which fits better with its 42 seasons, so far)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3662388/

https://thetvdb.com/series/the-beechgrove-garden

The show is called 'The Beechgrove Garden', not 'Beechgrove'

NB: is there a way to search for shows thetvdb or imdb id's, and if so, how?

@mras wrote:
https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/6676/beechgrove seems wrong info added.

Acording to https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00721bz, thetvdb, and imdb, it started airing in 1978 (which fits better with its 42 seasons, so far)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3662388/

https://thetvdb.com/series/the-beechgrove-garden

The show is called 'The Beechgrove Garden', not 'Beechgrove'

NB: is there a way to search for shows thetvdb or imdb id's, and if so, how?

I have updated the show name and we need to change it to year based, but sadly the official site only goes back till 2006.

Try 30 days of free premium.