Try 30 days of free premium.

La Casa de Papel / Money Heist

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

Addic7ed wrote:
Hi, back to this topic, since a season 3 has been ordered by Netflix (not Antena 3 which is no longer part of the project), so either the listing should be modified according to Netflix's episode guide, or an English version of the show created (like many sites did), with 2 seasons (for now) and a third to come.

So tvmaze policy worked as long as it was the Spanish show, made by Antena 3, but it's no longer the case since it has be bought by Netflix.

Well, we first have to see if this is a continuation or seen as a new show by netflix.

After that we have to discuss what we do, as this is a unique situation if I am correct, as the netflix episodes are also different in content and not only in running time and episode numbers.

TonyMayhew wrote 5 years ago: 1

Addic7ed wrote:
Hi, back to this topic, since a season 3 has been ordered by Netflix (not Antena 3 which is no longer part of the project), so either the listing should be modified according to Netflix's episode guide, or an English version of the show created (like many sites did), with 2 seasons (for now) and a third to come.

So tvmaze policy worked as long as it was the Spanish show, made by Antena 3, but it's no longer the case since it has be bought by Netflix.

Not really. Just change the broadcaster to Netflix. Previous seasons stay as they were, third season starts on new network.

TonyMayhew wrote:
Not really. Just change the broadcaster to Netflix. Previous seasons stay as they were, third season starts on new network.

The tiny problem here is that the original Spanish network lists all episodes that aired so far as one season.

Netflix lists the episodes as two seasons.

So the new season will be season 3 on Netflix, but as we are using the original Spanish listing we only have season 1 so far :)

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

Technically we could skip season 2 and go straight from 1 to 3 on the existing show entry. Not sure what to think of this yet. Is it really the same show as before, with the same actors and crew?

david wrote:
Technically we could skip season 2 and go straight from 1 to 3 on the existing show entry. Not sure what to think of this yet. Is it really the same show as before, with the same actors and crew?

yes it is, due to the insane success this show had worldwide, netflix has bought it.

Addic7ed wrote 5 years ago: 1

Yes, same crew, it has just been bought since it works well. However, the spanish airing and Netflix airing differ in length. Some scenes have been shortened (and switched up I read) for Netflix, so it's not 100% identical in the videos.

So, plenty of options!

1. Create a duplicate show entry for the Netflix version, containing seasons 1 + 2, and soon 3

2. Create a duplicate show entry for the Netflix version, containing only season 3

3. Add the upcoming episodes to the existing entry as season 2

4. Add the upcoming episodes to the existing entry as season 3 (thus going from season 1 to season 3, skipping season 2)

Thoughts?

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

david wrote:
So, plenty of options!

1. Create a duplicate show entry for the Netflix version, containing seasons 1 + 2, and soon 3

2. Create a duplicate show entry for the Netflix version, containing only season 3

4. Add the upcoming episodes to the existing entry as season 3 (thus going from season 1 to season 3, skipping season 2)

Thoughts?

Either #3 or #4 and put an edit wiki to explain why.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 2

david wrote:
So, plenty of options!

Thoughts?

Going from memory alone, without checking policy or past choices, #3 seems like the choice most likely to best line up with policy & precedent. Oh, and as gazza911 says, wiki note to explain what's what.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Netflix did not announced a new season. All sources saying part 3. Which means the show is still gonna have a single season on Netflix. At least this is the way we've dealt with multi-part Netflix shows before, for example https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/3027/the-ranch.

Considering that any option cuts both ways, I'd say it's either #1 or #3, with a bias towards #3 (#1 is a bigger can of worms XD).

#1 or #3

We need to keep in mind that the first two seasons on netflix are different to the original version, they edited them differently, omit some scenes, changed the order of some scenes and so on...

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 2

I would go for option three to be honest. If netflix decides to split a season into two (or like TNT said in parts), doesn't really make it 2 seasons yet. So I would say to add them as season two and create a wiki explaining why.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
#1 or #3

We need to keep in mind that the first two seasons on netflix are different to the original version, they edited them differently, omit some scenes, changed the order of some scenes and so on...

Not saying I disagree with your point but, precedent was kinda set with how Arrested Development was handled when it was sliced, diced and reconstituted.

REF: https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/3176/arrested-development-season-4-remix

david wrote:
So, plenty of options!

Thoughts?

1 is the worst possible option, as we'd have to duplicate all existing episode information to a separate show entry. All cast and crew would suddenly have two "casa de papel" entries on their page for exactly the same roles. All followers of the existing entry would have to manually start following the new show.

2 is less terrible, but still bad. No episode-level duplication, but all the show's main cast and crew would still have duplicate entries and followers are still lost.

3 and 4 are both acceptable to me. Choosing 4 would look a bit weird on our episode list, but has the advantage that all episode numbers from now on would match up with Netflix' numbering. Between 3 and 4, I think 4 would cause the least confusion amongst our end users.

SilverSurfer wrote:
Not saying I disagree with your point but, precedent was kinda set with how Arrested Development was handled when it was sliced, diced and reconstituted.

REF: https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/3176/arrested-development-season-4-remix

I don't think we should look at Arrested Development as a precedent here. In that case they overwrote an entire existing season, which is impossible to represent in any type of sane system. In this case they're presenting seasons (2 and 3) that didn't exist yet, so there's no conflict there.

david wrote:
I don't think we should look at Arrested Development as a precedent here. In that case they overwrote an entire existing season, which is impossible to represent in any type of sane system. In this case they're presenting seasons (2 and 3) that didn't exist yet, so there's no conflict there.

After some more thought I agree with david #3 and #4 are the only doable ones.

TonyMayhew wrote 5 years ago: 1

3 or 4, with a preference to 4. Defo not a fan of having a double listing. Keep all eps in one listing, thus making it easier to mark them as watched.
So long as the eps are actually listed, then marking them watched, (regardless of how Netflix did them) should work.

Whether Netflix aired them over 8, 18, or 28 eps, doesn't really matter to me at all, so long as I can track the ones I still haven't seen.

MTQueenie wrote 5 years ago: 1

3 or 4 with a preference to 4. Definately don't think we should start doing multiple listings.

RaveDave wrote 5 years ago: 1

Either 3 or 4, choosing option 1 or 2 will "open up a can of worms" with this show be used as a precedent to argue for more non-original netflix shows to be split into dual listings.

#4 it is, edit wiki made. Thanks for the input!

Try 30 days of free premium.