Try 30 days of free premium.

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 2

Could a case be made to include the annual Hallmark movie deluge as a series since ...

1. same channel 2. same theme 3. usually same pool of actors 4. same group of production companies e. it's insanely popular and may drive web traffic this way

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

we should add this, we always add those Hallmark series of films :)

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

I don't particularly am fan of adding these unless TVmaze comes up with a format that would allow TV movies to be added.

Firstable, what would you name such thing? A made up name is simply not a way to go. There isn't really a storyline in it either like you said (Storyline as in a continuation on the previous film) and using many similar actors for a show is never really a sure thing and remains a gamble every year.

I would hold off for now...

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
I don't particularly am fan of adding these unless TVmaze comes up with a format that would allow TV movies to be added.

Firstable, what would you name such thing? A made up name is simply not a way to go. There isn't really a storyline in it either like you said (Storyline as in a continuation on the previous film) and using many similar actors for a show is never really a sure thing and remains a gamble every year.

I would hold off for now...

but we added all the other Hallmark film series :)

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
but we added all the other Hallmark film series :)

Film series indeed. They had a story that followed upon another story like Sharknado. The one Silver is referring to has no matching story (like a continuation)

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

I'm inclined to say no; as they're unconnected (except theme), I looked at the next best thing, which is the cast.

As they just appear to use a rotating set of cast, rather than the same stars for each movie, I find it a little hard to call this a show by itself.

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:

The name could be "Countdown to Christmas" or "Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas" since that is how they refer to the annual event. The storyline, or theme as I call it, is pretty much the same old thing over and over, boy meets girl or girl meets boy, some problem exists, they work it out all under the backdrop of Christmas. I don't watch these really, She Who Must Have Been Obeyed likes them so I can't say for sure but I think they may have a few stories that have had 2 or more movies ... I'll leave it to someone who watches 'em to confirm or deny.

I'd like to see them added but am just tossing it out for some discussion :)

gazza911 wrote:
I'm inclined to say no; as they're unconnected (except theme), I looked at the next best thing, which is the cast.

As they just appear to use a rotating set of cast, rather than the same stars for each movie, I find it a little hard to call this a show by itself.

I'd class it as an anthology series much like Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories etc

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
I'd class it as an anthology series much like Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories etc

It's rather an umbrella. Anthology series usually have either a random cast each episode (without reusing the actors except a very rare occasions), or a seasonal ensemble cast. Also it have a fixed crew of EPs and production team which not varies from episode to episode.

I have a strong feeling of déjà vu, I think Hallmark Christmas was already discussed at some point :)

From what I could tell (I only watched a 2 or 3 of those with my better half), some of them fall into the policy's grey area, which demands those movies to have a continuous plot, to be even considered for addition:

Made for TV movies with at least two parts, airing on the same network, all with a common and continuous plot (like "Sharknado")

So, if there's a multi-parters among those movies, they could be added on their own (like https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/6861/northpole for example). Some of them are already a part of bigger entries (https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/2091/when-calls-the-heart/episodes#Specials). But mixing them all into a single series doesn't seem right.

TonyMayhew wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
I have a strong feeling of déjà vu, I think Hallmark Christmas was already discussed at some point :)

Indeed, you are experiencing déjà vu, lol, was discussed 3 years ago here :)

Tonks wrote 4 years ago: 2

I'm all for it.

Rather than circle around the same issue again, I added a suggestion (https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/4145/add-support-for-tv-movies) to add the idea to Pending Features to allow public voting to gauge the level of support. The new suggestion goes beyond this subject of adding an annual group of similar movies on the same channel to adding all TV movies period.

Tonks wrote 4 years ago: 1

I'm repurposing this issue, 

Should we do the same with the series of movies like PS to all the boys i loved, the royal wedding etc (which have / will have multiple movies) both of them will have at least three, not sure the royal thingy will have a 4th, but what do you think ? It's similar to the high school musical or the descendants, a series of telefilm (same as good witch before being picked as as tv show). I think those are even more a series than the hallmark movies, for example.

I'm seeing descendants, so i'm thinking these should also be added, what do you guys think ?

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

Tonks wrote:
I'm repurposing this issue, 

Should we do the same with the series of movies like PS to all the boys i loved, the royal wedding etc (which have / will have multiple movies) both of them will have at least three, not sure the royal thingy will have a 4th, but what do you think ? It's similar to the high school musical or the descendants, a series of telefilm (same as good witch before being picked as as tv show). I think those are even more a series than the hallmark movies, for example.

I'm seeing descendants, so i'm thinking these should also be added, what do you guys think ?

The policy already mentions made for TV movies with at least two parts, airing on the same network, all with a common and continuous plot (like "Sharknado).

Those you've mentioned are fit this description, so they could be added I think.

I tried to create "To all the boys" with the ref tt3846674 from imdb, i'm guessing this has been requested in the past and rejected, probably because there was only one ? I can't request the creation, soemone higher up need to do it.

I chose "To all the boys" as generic title, because it's the rest that is different for each movie.

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

Tonks wrote:
I chose "To all the boys" as generic title, because it's the rest that is different for each movie.

As it's a film, we wouldn't allow it.

I'm not really sure if we can count Web Channel released as "made for TV movies" either. 

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 2

gazza911 wrote:
As it's a film, we wouldn't allow it.

Mentioned above Disney's "Descendants" also a films.

I'm not really sure if we can count Web Channel released as "made for TV movies" either. 

What's the technical difference? You could watch Netflix on TV, or you could watch Disney Channel on your phone. Those movies were not made for theatrical release or straight to disk, thay feature a continuous plot with the same heroes, portrayed by the same actors. 

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

tnt wrote:
Mentioned above Disney's "Descendants" also a films.

What's the technical difference? You could watch Netflix on TV, or you could watch Disney Channel on your phone. Those movies were not made for theatrical release or straight to disk, thay feature a continuous plot with the same heroes, portrayed by the same actors. 

I agree with tnt here.

Could someone higher up add the tv movies for To all the boys, as i said the id (of the first one) is being in use, so being rejected because it was requested before, i haven't checked for The Royal wedding series yet, i'll check tomorrow if noone adds it today.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

Tonks wrote:
Could someone higher up add the tv movies for To all the boys, as i said the id (of the first one) is being in use, so being rejected because it was requested before, i haven't checked for The Royal wedding series yet, i'll check tomorrow if noone adds it today.

I added it, please fill in the episodes :)

Try 30 days of free premium.