Try 30 days of free premium.

Bulk Tool Edit error

drosso46561 wrote 3 years ago: 1

there is a repeating error when using the bulk add tool for crew members on Jeopardy. Keep getting the SNAP Error message even after I cleared my browsers cache and rebooted to make sure nothing on my end is causing the problem. I normally have the full Jeopardy episode list loaded into a tab while working on the list and I even tried closing the tab incase it was interfering. I have 12 gigs of ram so doubt memory is a issue.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Is this only on guest cast, or main cast?

Is it on loading it, or just trying to save the changes?

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
Is this only on guest cast, or main cast?

Is it on loading it, or just trying to save the changes?

He is talking about crew gazza, not cast.

Main Crew, once you go into the bulk tool option, I am able to choose the person's name. Then when I enter NEXT, where it will bring up the episodes to toggle that crew members name on or off it hangs for 15 to 20 seconds or so then the SNAP Error comes up. Never even starts showing any of the episode listing.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Oops, my mistake.

Looks like it is on load.

I am wondering if it may be related to the large amount of episodes now listed for Jeopardy. It was working fine several days ago then all of a sudden it started erroring out. Maybe more episodes in the jeopardy list than the bulk tool is currently configured to load?

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

It was indeed the large amount of episodes causing this error, the bulk tools weren't really designed with these thousands-of-episodes shows in mind. I managed to optimize it a bit though and it works again. Fingers crossed that it'll hold!

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
It was indeed the large amount of episodes causing this error, the bulk tools weren't really designed with these thousands-of-episodes shows in mind. I managed to optimize it a bit though and it works again. Fingers crossed that it'll hold!

Just an idea: maybe for such shows limit the bulk tool to one season at a time? Add one screen where the user could choose the season to manage.

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
Just an idea: maybe for such shows limit the bulk tool to one season at a time? Add one screen where the user could choose the season to manage.

I'll do that if it breaks again :)

@tnt wrote:

I agree with TNT on the seasonal editing with the bulk tool. With Shows like Jeopardy and others with large seasonal episodes, a 1 season editing option would be very helpful and solve potential problems. It would also be helpful when using official data from something like the Internet Archive as refference for editing past years of a series when going back and forth between open tabs to refference actors or crew members. Not to mention making it simpler to find the beginning and end of a season.  Thanks for fixing it David.

MTQueenie wrote 3 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:

I agree with tnt on this one, it really is a nightmare at times to bulkadd to longrunning shows so think it would be very helpful if you could choose between full episodelist or one season at a time.

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 2

@MTQueenie wrote:
choose between full episodelist or one season at a time.

Yes, exactly. E.g a checkbox for each season, so you could pick any number of seasons, with an additional internal check which would not allow you to select more than [xxx] episodes in total.

Try 30 days of free premium.