Try 30 days of free premium.

Recommend me a TV show please!

SYNDJ wrote 8 years ago: 1

I'm looking for a TV show something like Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Tales from The Cript or Masters of Horror. I mean, each episode have a new subject and different actors. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

Black Mirror, as noted. Monsters!, the newer versions of Outer Limits and Twilight Zone. Night Visions is a fairly good show if you can find it.

Night Gallery is available on Hulu. "The Caterpillar", "Pickwick's Model," "The Messiah on Mott Street," and "Cool Air" are probably among the best episodes. Don't watch them in syndication: they're horribly cut up and sometimes scenes from unrelated movies and TV shows are put in to pad the episodes out to 30 minutes

If you like Ray Bradbury, The Ray Bradbury TheaterThe Ray Bradbury Theater does pretty well adapting most of his stories. It's available on DVD, and Youtube usually has some episodes of almost everything above.

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

I might have another one next to ''Black Mirror'' I suggested before, it is a British World War I series from BBC. Its called ''Our World War'' and is about three different stories within World War I

SYNDJ wrote 8 years ago: 1

Thank you all. I'll try some of them. You can sugest me more if you want. :)

drosso46561 wrote 8 years ago: 1

The Outer Limits, both the original B&W series and The Outer Limits 1995 series comes to mind, which Gadfly mentioned earlier in this thread. The 1995 Outer Limits series was a lot darker and dealt with a lot more psychological aspects I thought. I am still watching the 95 series off and on. Especially when I have my around Halloween time Horror fest.

DiggDougg wrote 8 years ago: 1

Ash Vs. Evil Dead

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

How about The X-Files?

Depends on whether you're looking for anthologies or continuous storyline shows.

I'd still recommend Ray Bradbury Theater. "Usher II" is one of my personal favorites. And, hey, available on Youtube.

There's a lot of adaptations of Bradbury's weirder stories. But also some of his classics, like "The Sound of Thunder" and "Mars is Heaven." And several of his Martian Chronicles works. There's horror, science fiction, and just... well, weird Alfred Hitchcock-y stuff. Including two Bradbury stories that were previously adapted as Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes, "And So Died Riabouchinska" and "The Jar."

You can also watch Shatner overact his heart out in "The Playground".

Gadfly wrote:
Depends on whether you're looking for anthologies or continuous storyline shows.
I'd still recommend Ray Bradbury Theater. "Usher II" is one of my personal favorites. And, hey, available on Youtube.
There's a lot of adaptations of Bradbury's weirder stories. But also some of his classics, like "The Sound of Thunder" and "Mars is Heaven." And several of his Martian Chronicles works. There's horror, science fiction, and just... well, weird Alfred Hitchcock-y stuff. Including two Bradbury stories that were previously adapted as Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes, "And So Died Riabouchinska" and "The Jar."
You can also watch Shatner overact his heart out in "The Playground".

Shatner was in one of my all-time favorite episodes of the original Twilight Zone.

He was in two of my favorites. :)

Gadfly wrote:
He was in two of my favorites. :)

Yes I do remember that now but I liked the one on the plane where only he could see a demon eating the plane!

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

a good way to get recommendations from users would be let us select our favorites ( not just what we follow ) that way we could just visit users and check them out :)

edit: i know its an old post, but i wanted to leave this recommendation to the site :p

Try 30 days of free premium.