Try 30 days of free premium.

Comments Section on Show(s)?

rameezasif wrote 8 years ago: 1

I think we should have a comment section on the show(s) page as well.

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 2

Hi rameezasif,

We're a bit careful about that one. Commenting on an episode, season is one thing but how valuable would a comment be for a show? Wouldn't users just be commenting about episodes on the showpage itself instead of the ep. page? How would users react when scrolling down on the show page and finding spoilers for episodes? Let us know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Jan

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 2

Especially for cancelled-long-ago shows, there are plenty of people who just like to post comments on Star Trek or Firefly or Twilight Zone or whatever in general. Rather than go to each episode page to find and respond to individual comments about the show in general, you'd go to a show page of comments.

If I want to say something like "Gene Roddenberry was a visionary creator of Trek and Leonard Nimoy's performance as Spock ranks him as a god among men," :) where would I currently post it?

Gadfly wrote 8 years ago: 1

A show comment/chat section is also useful for the kind of stuff that by definition can't go to a specific episode.

If I wanted to post asking, "Hey, which episode is it where Kirk and Spock dress up like gangsters?" a episode comment thread would be kind of silly. :)

rameezasif wrote 8 years ago: 1

Yes exactly Gadfly thats what i am talking about too. There should be a comment section on the shows page too so that we can recommend and comment on the show on the shows page.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Maybe we could experiment with it some time and see how frequently it's being used.

TonyMayhew wrote 8 years ago: 1

I would really like to this feature added!

I've added a lot of older shows I used to watch & it'd be nice to be able to reminisce & chat to others about a particular show, rather than an individual episode.

Maybe it could be done so that you only have the 'Series Chat' on shows that have ended? That would save spoilers being posted.

pithawg wrote a year ago: 5
We really need a Comment section for the "Show" the episode comments seem impossible to find if there are comments even. Its almost pointless.

JuanArango wrote a year ago: 2

We really need a Comment section for the "Show" the episode comments seem impossible to find if there are comments even. Its almost pointless.

I agree :)

suemac wrote a year ago: 2

Perhaps another column on episode lists with a 'comment count' & link to the commented on episode page or something like that. We already have a column for Scores. And as far as only show comments on completed shows, I've been known to binge on years old ended shows I've never seen.

CosmicHowl wrote a year ago: 1

It would be helpful to have comments appear on show page level, or even on the home page as a list of shows recently commented on. 

I randomly found a 9 month old comment today saying 'this episode didn't air' :/  (and they were right, the episode doesn't exist)

tash845 wrote a year ago: 1

@CosmicHowl wrote:
It would be helpful to have comments appear on show page level, or even on the home page as a list of shows recently commented on. 

I randomly found a 9 month old comment today saying 'this episode didn't air' :/  (and they were right, the episode doesn't exist)

@CosmicHowl  Agreed. 

LouisWu wrote a year ago: 2

Very useful addition! 👍
I hope this will increase the discussions here 🙂

david wrote a year ago: 3

@Aidan wrote:
How long is "recent" ? A month ?

To be honest, it just stands for "the most recent discussions", there's no time limit (and I don't think that's necessary, right?)

Aidan wrote a year ago: 2

@david wrote:
To be honest, it just stands for "the most recent discussions", there's no time limit (and I don't think that's necessary, right?)

Yeah that makes perfect sense

Try 30 days of free premium.