Try 30 days of free premium.

In error marked all previous episodes as watched. Can I undo?

Ace4 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Help, help, help! Today I marked all previous episodes of Banged Up Abroad as watched by mistake. I have absolutely no idea which I've watched and which I've acquired and especially, all of the episodes in all series that I haven't watched. Please, please can someone tell me if this is possible to undo or perhaps I can see my followed programme info' from an earlier time? Is it saved anywhere? There really should be an Undo button available as I'm sure many people have done this in the past. Could this be implemented?

I look forward to a (positive) reply. Thank you

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

From what you're saying, it sounds like you did it using the watchlist.

Your stats show the last 7 episodes that you marked as watched (manually). It wouldn't tell you what you'd marked as acquired, but you might be able to see the last one you watched (if you haven't marked other stuff as watched since).

As you've marked your profile as private, I can't see if this is the case for you.

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

I did ask whether they were possible to return to a previous cache of your watchlist, but unfortunately they do not track this behaviour, so they are impossible to undo your mistake.

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

Yeah, unfortunately we don't store a history of your watchlist content. We do store when exactly you've marked an episode (accessible using the user-level API: https://static.tvmaze.com/apidoc/), using that would allow you to recover your data but it'll require some technical skill.

Episodes marked in bulk have a value of "0" for marked_at, so setting all of those episodes to the status of "unwatched" should bring things back to the way they were.

P.S. David's answer, which uses the User API, requires premium

heyted wrote 5 years ago: 1

If you use Mythrecmaze, you can see which episodes you have watched in MythTV (DVR software). It records the shows I follow, and I delete the episodes I have watched. I can see which episodes I have watched by seeing which episodes remain.

I see you are in the UK. The Python source code would need to be modified for it to work in the UK. If someone in the UK is interested in using it, I can modify the code if someone wants to test it.

Mythrecmaze -- Automatically record the shows you follow -- https://dvrhtpc.blogspot.com/2018/05/mythrecmaze.html

gazza911 wrote:
From what you're saying, it sounds like you did it using the watchlist.

Your stats show the last 7 episodes that you marked as watched (manually). It wouldn't tell you what you'd marked as acquired, but you might be able to see the last one you watched (if you haven't marked other stuff as watched since).

As you've marked your profile as private, I can't see if this is the case for you.

Thanks very much for reply. Yes i did do it using the watchlist.

I've checked the stats and can't see where it shows the last 7 episodes I've watched. I can only see the last one although actually reading the episode info it doesn't sound familiar at all so I'm not sure if it is the last one I watched. (I haven't marked anything else since). I've now changed my profile so it's public so please could you check this for me, I'd really appreciate it? I've not noticed stats before so don't know anything about this stuff!

Many thanks

Thomas wrote:
I did ask whether they were possible to return to a previous cache of your watchlist, but unfortunately they do not track this behaviour, so they are impossible to undo your mistake.

Thanks for trying, shame they don't do it.

david wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately we don't store a history of your watchlist content. We do store when exactly you've marked an episode (accessible using the user-level API: https://static.tvmaze.com/apidoc/), using that would allow you to recover your data but it'll require some technical skill.

Episodes marked in bulk have a value of "0" for marked_at, so setting all of those episodes to the status of "unwatched" should bring things back to the way they were.

It's good the API allows this but it's rather expensive having premium. Thanks gazza911 for confirming it requires premium.

heyted wrote:
If you use Mythrecmaze, you can see which episodes you have watched in MythTV (DVR software). It records the shows I follow, and I delete the episodes I have watched. I can see which episodes I have watched by seeing which episodes remain.

I see you are in the UK. The Python source code would need to be modified for it to work in the UK. If someone in the UK is interested in using it, I can modify the code if someone wants to test it.

Mythrecmaze -- Automatically record the shows you follow -- https://dvrhtpc.blogspot.com/2018/05/mythrecmaze.html

Thanks heyted. Shame it's not in UK as can't help me. Sounds like a worthwhile thing to have though Mythrecmaze. Wish you could modify it with me directly instead of needing someone who wants to test it instead. Don't suppose many people would be interested!

I don't know about DVR, I record all programmes on a Humax. Is that classed as DVR, can't remember?! I'd be interested in your reply.

Many thanks

Hi all,

I've just checked out premium features and from what I can see my bronze subscription features the following: No advertising, No tracking, Weekly calendar, Personalized Schedule, User API, Early access to new features.

The premium subscription features the following: No advertising, No tracking, Weekly calendar, Personalized Schedule, User API, RSS Feeds, Early access to new features, plus a few others.

Therefore it seems User API is available with bronze and premium, not just premium as stated above. Am I reading it wrong? Please could someone clarify or confirm as it's not clear to someone who doesn't know all the ins and outs as all you guys seem to.

Look forward to replies. Thanks very much to everyone for bothering to respond to my initial enquiry. Really appreciate it!

david wrote 5 years ago: 1

"Premium" is the umbrella name; Bronze, Silver and Gold are the three different Premium packages, and the user-API is included with all of them :) You can compare the three here: https://www.tvmaze.com/premium

To play around with it, visit https://static.tvmaze.com/apidoc/. Click the authorize button and input your username, and for password enter your API key which you can find at https://www.tvmaze.com/dashboard. Then, you can click one of the endpoints like "GET /user/episodes" and click the "Try it out" button to see that endpoint's output. If you enter 2640 as show ID it'll limit the output to Banged Up Abroad episodes, which should give you enough information to get started.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

It may be time intensive but if you have been rating the episodes as you watch them you will be at least able to know your watched as a base to start from in the episodes listing.

david wrote:
"Premium" is the umbrella name; Bronze, Silver and Gold are the three different Premium packages, and the user-API is included with all of them :) You can compare the three here: https://www.tvmaze.com/premium

To play around with it, visit https://static.tvmaze.com/apidoc/. Click the authorize button and input your username, and for password enter your API key which you can find at https://www.tvmaze.com/dashboard. Then, you can click one of the endpoints like "GET /user/episodes" and click the "Try it out" button to see that endpoint's output. If you enter 2640 as show ID it'll limit the output to Banged Up Abroad episodes, which should give you enough information to get started.

Hi David,

Thanks loads for this. I've tried it and followed your directions exactly but am confused by the data that comes up. It's written like so:

"episode_id": 201660, "type": 1, "marked_at": 1506288434

"episode_id": 201661, "type": 0, "marked_at": 0

"episode_id": 201662, "type": 0, "marked_at": 0

"episode_id": 201663, "type": 0, "marked_at": 1517675642

Unfortunately this means nothing to me other than I guess it means I haven't seen episode id 201661 & 201662 but may be wrong? The numbers that follow the other episodes, the first and last ones listed above, I assume I've seen but to be honest it's like a foreign language to me! There's no episode id number on the episodes listed under Banged Up Abroad or any numbers at all so I don't see how the data above is relevant. I guess it all makes perfect sense to you but not to me sadly. Sorry if I'm being thick but I don't understand.

I haven't touched the Banged Up Abroad page since my mistake because I'm hoping I can still undo the error. I just want to know/see all the episodes I marked as watched in one go in the Watch list. It was an awful lot and I've no idea which they were and/or which episodes I haven't actually watched. I just need an Undo button!

Any more info on the above data would be truly appreciated and sorry for causing you more work! Can't believe I made such a major error so easily!

Thank you

Here's how it works...

Only episodes with a status other than Unwatched will be present and the type values are as follows:

0 = Watched
1 = Acquired
2 = Skipped

When you manually set an episode to something (like Watched), the marked_at property will return the date/time you set it (in epoch format).

When you use something like the watchlist to bulk set episodes, the marked_at property will remain as 0.

This means that for 201661 & 201662, they were set as Watched through the watchlist.

You can either use the public API to get info about the episodes or just simply go to it on TVMaze; https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/201661

Hi gazza911,

Really sorry for major delay in replying but I'm not well sadly and typing is slow for me.

Anyway, huge thank you for this, it's easy to understand however it's taking ages due to so many episodes. Therefore I've been thinking of the free trial you mentioned which I think is still available but it sounds like it for future episodes rather than anything related to the past. Would it help with my error and make iit easier/quicker than doing it manually as explained here? If not I'm not sure whether marking episodes watched, skipped, etc, in the calender is any different than doing it the usual way. Please correct me if I'm wrong but really I just want to correct my error in the quickest way possible.

Many thanks for help in advance and apologies in case I don't reply straight away.

Ace4 wrote:
Hi gazza911,

Really sorry for major delay in replying but I'm not well sadly and typing is slow for me.

Anyway, huge thank you for this, it's easy to understand however it's taking ages due to so many episodes. Therefore I've been thinking of the free trial you mentioned which I think is still available but it sounds like it for future episodes rather than anything related to the past. Would it help with my error and make iit easier/quicker than doing it manually as explained here? If not I'm not sure whether marking episodes watched, skipped, etc, in the calender is any different than doing it the usual way. Please correct me if I'm wrong but really I just want to correct my error in the quickest way possible.

Many thanks for help in advance and apologies in case I don't reply straight away.

It's not quite as black & white as that.

Manually you'd have to figure out where you watched upto and mark each one as unwatched.

Premium will allow you to view all your watched episodes, regardless on when you set it; based on the response, you can find out which the last one you genuinely watched is.

With premium, if you write a script, you could specify the starting and ending episode (number) and set everything in-between them as unwatched.

tldr; Premium gives you the tools, but you still have to do the crafting.

Ace4 wrote 4 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
It may be time intensive but if you have been rating the episodes as you watch them you will be at least able to know your watched as a base to start from in the episodes listing.

Unfortunately not!

Ace4 wrote 4 years ago: 1

heyted wrote:

Unfortunately I don't use Mythrecmaze but thanks for replying

Try 30 days of free premium.