Try 30 days of free premium.

Fox Schedules MIA Lucifer Episodes

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

Fox USA will air the two episodes of Lucifer filmed this year but meant to be aired as part of season 4 with a double header on Monday May 28th @ 8pm & 9pm. There is a note on the episodes that Fox8 in Australia will air/release them this Wednesday.

Enjoy what probably will be the last episodes ... but still hoping someone comes to the rescue and picks up a 4th season.

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

That is a really strange thing to do from FOX, but I will of course watch them :)

Aidan wrote:
Maybe list them as specials ?

Either that or season 4 episode 1 and 2...not sure yet.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

FOX8 definitely list them as 3x25 and 3x26. Probably FOX will do the same. Production codes in the press release are 321/22.

I suppose all my remarks about airdate could be removed from summaries and wiki now :)

tnt wrote:
FOX8 definitely list them as 3x25 and 3x26. Probably FOX will do the same. I suppose all my remarks about airdate could be removed from summaries now :)

ahh ok :)

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
FOX8 definitely list them as 3x25 and 3x26. Probably FOX will do the same. Production codes in the press release are 321/22.

I suppose all my remarks about airdate could be removed from summaries and wiki now :)

But shouldn't the episode order be changed to 26 then?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
But shouldn't the episode order be changed to 26 then?

And show status to "Running"

tnt wrote:
And show status to "Running"

Ya beat me to both. I was so happy about the news I didn't even think about the status/order issues.

JuanArango wrote:
Either that or season 4 episode 1 and 2...not sure yet.

Someone with a better memory may be able to confirm that Fox initially ordered a supersized season 3 then for what ever reason(s) decided to hold 2 stand alone episodes back until season 4 ... and now there is no 4th I guess they should fall back as season 3 episodes? Or am I mixing up what they did with seasons 2 & 3? The second link below confirms season 3 would be 4 episodes held over from season 2 + 22 regular episodes = 26 episodes.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/960575/Lucifer-season-4-cancelled-Tom-Ellis-unaired-episodes-save-Lucifer-video

https://deadline.com/2017/03/lucifer-supersized-season-3-4-season-2-episodes-migrate-2017-18-1202050153/

Bonus links of possible interest to fans ...

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/962666/Lucifer-season-4-cancelled-Tom-Ellis-return-unaired-episodes-save-lucifer-video

https://www.cbr.com/neil-gaiman-urges-fox-to-renew-lucifer/

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

Fox ordered 4 more episodes for season 2, which would have made it 22... but then they did their weird scheduling where it was off air from January 30th to May 1st so they didn't have time to air them and instead they pushed them off into random points in season 3 which brought it up to now 26 episodes from the intended 22 and then pushed two produced for season 3 into a possible season 4. Basically, nobody knew what they were doing.

I personally would think these two should be specials because they're airing outside of the season and wouldn't follow the narrative at all after that now series finale, plus the press releases called "A Devil of My Word" the season finale and these "bonus episodes," so shouldn't that officially mean these shouldn't be part of season 3?

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

I don't think the guidelines on Specials were written with this situation in mind, or were intended to cover in a relatively few words every possible variation that the networks come up with.

There are ways they meet the site definition of "Specials", ways that they don't, and ways that don't fit either way. At the time, the press releases were correct. But... things change. As for the current press releases, I wouldn't consider bonus episode = Specials.The TVmaze definition doesn't cover "bonus episodes". TVMaze can call it whatever they want, but I don't believe the current definitions support one or the other. Or they support both. :)

Rickiesgal wrote 5 years ago: 1

maybe just add "bonus episode" to the episode description. With either a wiki or a comment on episode explaining so those not in the know don't move things around.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

There is no "episode description". There's a summary of the episode plot, but "bonus episode" isn't part of the episode plot.

A wiki with a comment about the episode would be about the best that can be done. The site was designed without the ability to add those kinds of comments on the episode page, so that's what we've got.

The fact that it does what it does is a feature, not a bug. Why try to figure out a way to get around the feature?

kevin87 wrote 5 years ago: 1

I took it to mean a comment on the episode in the "episode discussion" section at the bottom.

Try 30 days of free premium.