Try 30 days of free premium.

TVmaze wishlist megathread

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

ideia: tell how many users follow a specific show.

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

Pedro wrote:
ideia: tell how many users follow a specific show.

On the show's page hover the mouse over the "Follow" button, you will see the number of followers.

Cecile wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
On the show's page hover the mouse over the "Follow" button, you will see the number of followers.

I didn't knew that first either, it took me 3 years on the site before noticing the feature :)
And on an accessibility level, the hover effect isn't great

JulienLiir wrote 4 years ago: 5

What if there was a way to contribute the OST (original soundtrack) for a show?  Maybe this is just text information as a nice little fyi or maybe it is a place to upload a YouTube video of the OST Music Video.  

jcar03 wrote 3 years ago: 1

This may have already be suggested but for contributor point stats a yearly and all time option would be cool.

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 2

@jcar03 wrote:
This may have already be suggested but for contributor point stats a yearly and all time option would be cool.

It's a pending feature; More user statistics.

You can vote for it by clicking the thumbs up in the Pending Features section.

AndrewBywater wrote 3 years ago: 2

When viewing an episode list it can be quite confusing to know whether or not you have clicked the status be it Acquired, Watched or Deleted as the hover colour is the same as the clicked status, perhaps change the image content rather than just the colour to indicate a show's status?

SoloJack wrote 3 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
I know, there are already a few places where we ask for your feedback: we have an entire forum section dedicated to voting on pending features, this forum for suggestions, and we listen to your variety of feedback on our blogs or social channels. On top of that we have our own internal issue tracker with a wishlist long enough to keep us busy for the next couple of years. But we've been around for a while now so those lists are full of both recent and older suggestions which may or may not still be relevant.

I'd like to use this thread to gather everyone's latest feedback: if you could dictate one single improvement to TVmaze, what would it be? Feel free to think inside or outside the box and suggest fixes/additions to existing functionality (from a casual visitor POV e.g. adding additional types of information, for editors specifically e.g. editing tools, for API users) or something completely new.

Please limit yourself to a single post in this thread, and to a single suggestion in that post. :)

Re: https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1020763/trackdown-2x70-blind-alley/cast

The photo of Susan Oliver as 'Rebecca Ford' in the Blind Alley episode of Trackdown ('57-'59) misidentifies that particular episode as S2E70. Since there were 32 episodes in Season One of Trackdown and 39 episodes in its Season Two (for a TOTAL of 71 episodes), episode #70 was its second-to-last offering. Most of the final episodes of the Trackdown series on your site are similarly (incorrectly) identified by their number (#) within the show's Series Tally, rather than by their number within an individual Season Tally. The photos and items on the guide here should be identified properly either by a season tally number (S#E#) or by a series tally number (#), but not by a mishmash combination of both systems. If one chooses to be inclusive, however, may I suggest using the following format, this Blind Alley episode serving as an example: 

#70S2E38 (which first aired on 16 September 1959).

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@SoloJack wrote:
Re: https://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1020763/trackdown-2x70-blind-alley/cast

The photo of Susan Oliver as 'Rebecca Ford' in the Blind Alley episode of Trackdown ('57-'59) misidentifies that particular episode as S2E70. Since there were 32 episodes in Season One of Trackdown and 39 episodes in its Season Two (for a TOTAL of 71 episodes), episode #70 was its second-to-last offering. Most of the final episodes of the Trackdown series on your site are similarly (incorrectly) identified by their number (#) within the show's Series Tally, rather than by their number within an individual Season Tally. The photos and items on the guide here should be identified properly either by a season tally number (S#E#) or by a series tally number (#), but not by a mishmash combination of both systems. If one chooses to be inclusive, however, may I suggest using the following format, this Blind Alley episode serving as an example: 

#70S2E38 (which first aired on 16 September 1959).

Right now it is only possible to use one character photo for a guide.

drosso46561 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Feature for individual episodes I would like to see added is a times watched, this could be something as simple as a watched again button next to the watched button.

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 5

what about adding dark mode ..

snarfel wrote 3 years ago: 2

Suggestion: Multi-language support for the meta data.

Why: Enabling this feature improves the contributor/data feedback loop: More data -> better site ranking -> more discoverability -> more contributors -> more data -> ...

It's silly not to even have the official titles of non-English shows; Korean shows should have their official Korean episode titles, etc

Concerns: Concern has been expressed around not enough staff to validate changes across various languages. This is understandable. You can mitigate this by starting w/ only a few languages, and only a few data field(s) like episode titles and scale out from there much like you would scale out TV Maze servers. :)

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@snarfel wrote:

Why: Enabling this feature improves the contributor/data feedback loop: More data -> better site ranking -> more discoverability -> more contributors -> more data -> ...

It's silly not to even have the official titles of non-English shows; Korean shows should have their official Korean episode titles, etc

Concerns: Concern has been expressed around not enough staff to validate changes across various languages. This is understandable. You can mitigate this by starting w/ only a few languages, and only a few data field(s) like episode titles and scale out from there much like you would scale out TV Maze servers. :)

as I answered in the other thread, episode titles for German shows (for example) should always be in German language. Same for Russian, Dutch and many other countries.

For Animes we have an exception, as the English translated titles are used worldwide.

david wrote 3 years ago: 2

@snarfel wrote:

See https://www.tvmaze.com/threads/4508/architecture-for-alternate-airdates :)

Targon88 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Suggestion: add the ability to view the 'Acquired/Watched/Skipped' icons of the Episode List next to the ‘Previous/Next Episode’ dates of the Show Status page.

david wrote 3 years ago: 1

So... I'm going to close this thread down.

It was created over two years ago to get a (better) sense of which features you considered the most important of all. We were able to implement a lot of your most sought-after wishes, but obviously not all of them yet. But with a thread this old, I'm afraid that the remaining unimplemented wishes are no longer representative.

In the near future I'll do a new inventarisation for everyone's roadmap wishes in a smaller setting, and I'll get back to all of you in this forum somewhere in Q1 or Q2.

In the mean time, feel free to keep on posting in other threads in the suggestions forum ofcourse. Even though you all have infinitely more wishes than we have development capacity, we read everything you write and use that to prioritize our roadmap.

Thanks!

Try 30 days of free premium.