Try 30 days of free premium.

Use people photo when no character photo available

dpratt wrote 5 years ago: 2

I want to do something real simple. I want to scroll through all of the guest stars for a certain show and look at their photos so that I can find a certain actor. The only problem is that when you go to the Character page, the guest stars don't have character photos, so all you see are character names with no photos to match. It's just not helpful at all.

Why not show a photo of the actor when no character photo is available? It might also be helpful to show the actor's name here.

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:
I want to do something real simple. I want to scroll through all of the guest stars for a certain show and look at their photos so that I can find a certain actor. The only problem is that when you go to the Character page, the guest stars don't have character photos, so all you see are character names with no photos to match. It's just not helpful at all.

Why not show a photo of the actor when no character photo is available? It might also be helpful to show the actor's name here.

That kind of beats the purpose of this page. As the name suggest, it's dedicated to characters, not actors. And it's very useful when tracking, which characters do not have an image.

However it'd be cool to have the way to see all the actors who participated in the show, in the similar way to the characters page.

gazza911 wrote 5 years ago: 1

I also think this is a bit counter-intuitive.

You wouldn't easily be able to tell if they're missing an image if it's displaying their person image instead.

dpratt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Great points. Maybe what I'm looking for is more information on the cast page. If in addition to cast, you could see all guest stars like you can on the characters page.

deleted wrote 5 years ago: 1

dpratt wrote:
Great points. Maybe what I'm looking for is more information on the cast page. If in addition to cast, you could see all guest stars like you can on the characters page.

Wouldn't that be overkill with so many shows that may have up to hundreds of guest?

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:
Wouldn't that be overkill with so many shows that may have up to hundreds of guest?

You could see all characters, hundreds or not, why not show all actors?

pentar wrote 5 years ago: 1

I've wanted this for a while, so you can easily see what guest stars appeared in a show.

Gadfly wrote 5 years ago: 1

I guess I don't see the issue. Or maybe the issue isn't the issue.

You look under Characters, it shows... images of characters. If there's no image of the character, it doesn't show the character image. Showing the actor image under Characters seems kind of counter-intuitive.

Now, if they added a Guest Star/Actor link from the main show page, and that showed the actors, that would make sense. No problem for me if that happens. But it never seems to make sense to show Actors under Characters. Anymore than showing Characters under Actors would make sense.

dpratt wrote 5 years ago: 1

Gadfly wrote:
I guess I don't see the issue. Or maybe the issue isn't the issue.

You look under Characters, it shows... images of characters. If there's no image of the character, it doesn't show the character image. Showing the actor image under Characters seems kind of counter-intuitive.

Now, if they added a Guest Star/Actor link from the main show page, and that showed the actors, that would make sense. No problem for me if that happens. But it never seems to make sense to show Actors under Characters. Anymore than showing Characters under Actors would make sense.

I would be just as pleased to see an Actor/Guest Star link with all guest stars names and photos listed.

dpratt wrote 4 years ago: 3

I would still like to see this feature added. Maybe make it optional so that it's easy to see which characters still need photos. That way you can easily see photos for all guest stars in one place instead of having to go to each episode one at a time.

Again, what would be great is if you could go to a page similar to the Characters page for any show and see photos and real names/character names for all stars and guest stars on the show whether or not they have a character photo.

PeckhamRose wrote 3 years ago: 1

Hi, my mate is an actor who was in some of the old shows. They said I could add their photo if I want. Now I am looking at their name but it says No Image - but how does one upload the photo to their named page? 

gazza911 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@PeckhamRose wrote:
Hi, my mate is an actor who was in some of the old shows. They said I could add their photo if I want. Now I am looking at their name but it says No Image - but how does one upload the photo to their named page? 

If you go to the 'Gallery' tab on the actor's profile, there will be a button which says 'Create new'.

You can use that to upload a photo.

PeckhamRose wrote 3 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
If you go to the 'Gallery' tab on the actor's profile, there will be a button which says 'Create new'.

You can use that to upload a photo.

Thanks!!

Try 30 days of free premium.