Try 30 days of free premium.

Quibi offers 90-day free trial if you preorder before April 6

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

Quibi offers 90-day free trial if you preorder before April 6

Quibi, a star-studded mobile streaming service for short-form video, will offer 90-day free trials to people who sign up before its service launches April 6, the company said Friday, as it unveiled its slate of programming that'll be available on day one. The launch slate includes shows starring Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner, film star Idris Elba, The Hunger Games' Liam Hemsworth, model and social-media assassin Chrissy Teigen, Chance the Rapper and Reese Witherspoon. 

... continue reading @ https://www.cnet.com/news/quibi-offers-90-day-free-trial-if-you-preorder-preregister-before-april-6/

dpratt wrote 4 years ago: 1

They're still offering the 90 day free trial. I want to sign up I just don't want to watch TV on my phone!

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 1

@dpratt wrote:
They're still offering the 90 day free trial. I want to sign up I just don't want to watch TV on my phone!

That's how I feel, they originally considered doing an app for streaming devices (Roku, Apple TV, etc) but then decided to stick to mobile only... but I'm not watching something on that small of a screen lol I don't think they thought it through well enough.

gazza911 wrote 4 years ago: 1

It would make sense if the service itself was cheap, but it's still only 25% cheaper than others like Netflix when it has less original content, no premium content from other providers, worse user experience, etc.

Apparently it's not even possible to use other technologies such as Chromecast.

It wouldn't surprise me if they even had the video quality lower considering that it's intended for mobile only (purely speculative though).

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

@gazza911 wrote:
It would make sense if the service itself was cheap, but it's still only 25% cheaper than others like Netflix when it has less original content, no premium content from other providers, worse user experience, etc.

Apparently it's not even possible to use other technologies such as Chromecast.

They were talking about future support of casting, but no promises.

It wouldn't surprise me if they even had the video quality lower considering that it's intended for mobile only (purely speculative though).

The quality is not bad actually, even on 7" tablet it looks pretty sharp and detailed. When you downloading episode for offline viewing it's about 250 Mb per 10 minutes (~1.5 Gb per hour), which is pretty decent. Can't say about codec (I suppose it's x264) or video resolution (offline downloads are DRM protected and saved in encrypted chunks), but their episode stills have dimensions 960x540 and looking a bit worse than video itself.

It's definitely worth a try while it's free :)

Try 30 days of free premium.