Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

ThomasNL wrote:

I deleted the US Version as this show does not exist... It is aired by BBC and PBS just bought the rights. (p.s. 'The UK version had more episodes)

Ahh ok, good job :)

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:

Ahh ok, good job :)

Two points I would like to make here on this show "The Great British Baking Show". Yes it was originally a UK show but it was never added to the site as a show and as of now is still not on the site.

Secondly since the U.S. is airing new seasons that never aired in the U.K. those seasons can't be ignored altogether so you either have to add both UK & US versions or let the UK version become a US show now so none of the episodes currently airing are lost which is precisely why I added it into the site the way I did!

I know this discussion has never come up before however there needs to be a discussion about shows that begin in one Country then end but another Country picks up the same show and airs new seasons or new episodes or both. Currently there are more than a dozen shows like that here on the site that all originally began in Canada and then either the DIY Network or it's counterpart HGTV picked up episodes/seasons and continued the show in the U.S. and some that the Cooking Channel and it's counterpart the FOOD Network picked up and continued on with the show also in the US!

Sorry, I never made a list of them and can't remember off the top of my head the names of any of them but I will begin some research if it is necessary to find the names of some of them if i need to?

This is a BIG example why U.S. shows needs a consultant to discuss things like this before the shows are removed totally from the site like "Gravity Falls Shorts" was improperly removed in error and now I have to find all those episodes for that show and reconstruct manually! Especially since none of the 4 Staff members live in the U.S. they don't have as much insight into the nuances of certain shows like "Extended Versions" of shows on the Animal Planet, History, Discovery, National Geographic etc.

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Two points I would like to make here on this show "The Great British Baking Show". Yes it was originally a UK show but it was never added to the site as a show and as of now is still not on the site.
Secondly since the U.S. is airing new seasons that never aired in the U.K. those seasons can't be ignored altogether so you either have to add both UK & US versions or let the UK version become a US show now so none of the episodes currently airing are lost which is precisely why I added it into the site the way I did!
I know this discussion has never come up before however there needs to be a discussion about shows that begin in one Country then end but another Country picks up the same show and airs new seasons or new episodes or both. Currently there are more than a dozen shows like that here on the site that all originally began in Canada and then either the DIY Network or it's counterpart HGTV picked up episodes/seasons and continued the show in the U.S. and some that the Cooking Channel and it's counterpart the FOOD Network picked up and continued on with the show also in the US!
Sorry, I never made a list of them and can't remember off the top of my head the names of any of them but I will begin some research if it is necessary to find the names of some of them if i need to?
This is a BIG example why U.S. shows needs a consultant to discuss things like this before the shows are removed totally from the site like "Gravity Falls Shorts" was improperly removed in error and now I have to find all those episodes for that show and reconstruct manually! Especially since none of the 4 Staff members live in the U.S. they don't have as much insight into the nuances of certain shows like "Extended Versions" of shows on the Animal Planet, History, Discovery, National Geographic etc.

I answered in more length to your pm but I think this is the show that is on our site: http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/2950/the-great-british...

cheers
Juan

JuanArango wrote:

I answered in more length to your pm but I think this is the show that is on our site: http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/2950/the-great-british...
cheers
Juan

Very good point it seems to be the same show this time with a new/different name so I stand corrected on this one. I added in "The Great British Baking Show" as a aka for the U.S. to avoid this again in the future!

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
David can you please add the country of "St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands" please? Here is a person who was born there and she is going to be a host of a new show that begins in November "Project Runway Junior". Hannah Davis - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Davis_(model)
Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas,_U.S._V...

It's already up as "Virgin Islands, U.S." :)

david wrote:
It's already up as "Virgin Islands, U.S." :)

Oops sorry never thought to look there thanks and please excuse me?

BTW David I have a question for you if you do not mind please? I added a show yesterday that indicated it's language was Austrian-Russian but we do not have it or just plain Austrian. Is that an oversight or is there no such thing as either one?

Good catch guys!

If a show starts in country A but is later moved to country B, we can simply update the show's network as soon as new episodes start premiering there. Network information is automatically stored on the Season level as well, so we won't lose any historical information.

david wrote:
Good catch guys!
If a show starts in country A but is later moved to country B, we can simply update the show's network as soon as new episodes start premiering there. Network information is automatically stored on the Season level as well, so we won't lose any historical information.

Awesome, thank you so very much so all of those former Canada shows now airing new seasons in the U.S. are good glad to hear that, thanks a million!

JAGUARDOG wrote:

No problem!

I have never heard of "Austrian-Russian" and googling it doesn't give you any meaningful results, so until somebody steps in to correct me I'm gonna label it some kind of April's Fools Day joke ;)

david wrote:
No problem!
I have never heard of "Austrian-Russian" and googling it doesn't give you any meaningful results, so until somebody steps in to correct me I'm gonna label it some kind of April's Fools Day joke ;)

I guess it is a multi language show, some actors speak austrian (which is german) and some russian, that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

cheers
juan

david wrote:
No problem!

I never heard of it either before yesterday but the show in question I found at wikipedia.com but now I can't find the name of the show?

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
I never heard of it either before yesterday but the show in question I found at wikipedia.com but now I can't find the name of the show?

Wikipedia is so reliable, they'd even invent new languages :)

markus wrote 8 years ago: 1

Deutschland 83
It's nice and all that you like RTL better that Sundance, but you made a mess.
Time zones are tied to networks, so right now all air dates for the episodes in the API are wrong.
The network needs to be changed back to Sundance until episode air dates can be supplemented with either a network or a specific time zone.

markus wrote:
Deutschland 83
It's nice and all that you like RTL better that Sundance, but you made a mess.
Time zones are tied to networks, so right now all air dates for the episodes in the API are wrong.
The network needs to be changed back to Sundance until episode air dates can be supplemented with either a network or a specific time zone.

Are you saying that this show originated and aired first on the Sundance Channel here in the U.S. and has yet to air in Germany? If that is the case then I will gladly correct the Network for you?

However there is this note on this show:

Deutschland 83 Editor Wiki

This series has aired firstly on Sundance TV in the USA, but it is produced by RTL and aired on their channel too, so we decided to keep it on RTL. Please do not change it.

No name is attached to this wiki note so we have no way of knowing who posted it and who "we decided it" are, Staff, Members, ????

Anyways I guess STAFF needs to intervene to clear this mess up because I cannot see where this show has aired in Germany yet and the only site I found that mentions RTL indicates it does not debut in Germany until 26 November 2015 so who is correct that TV site tvdb.com or the person that left their not.

Please people/members if you leave a note in a wiki put your name on it?

If we could please get the site/system to automatically put the member's userid on any wiki notes we could avoid things like this above? Can we have that update added please?

markus wrote 8 years ago: 1

JAGUARDOG wrote:
Are you saying that this show originated and aired first on the Sundance Channel here in the U.S. and has yet to air in Germany?
It's a joint production between RTL and AMC. Series 1 had a full run on Sundance already, German air date is set for November.

No name is attached to this wiki note so we have no way of knowing who posted it and who "we decided it" are, Staff, Members, ????
There's really nothing to decide here. With the current data model, a show's network has to match the air dates (or at least the timezone) entered for the episodes. Otherwise all time data distributed through the API is incorrect, as it's calculated from the network's timezone.

markus wrote: There's really nothing to decide here. With the current data model, a show's network has to match the air dates (or at least the timezone) entered for the episodes. Otherwise all time data distributed through the API is incorrect, as it's calculated from the network's timezone.

On the contrary there is something that STAFF needs to decide so let me spell it out to you once again differently! If it aired on Sundance TV 1st than it needs to have Sundance as you stated! However if it aired in Germany on RTL 1st than RTL is correct however I believe you to be correct that it most likely should be Sundance. Now is the caveat to all this a Wiki is in place that makes an important statement as to not touch it etc., etc. etc. STAFF put the wiki feature in place because of Edit Wars and disagreements so until we can resolve the wiki note issue we don't go against it!

I know it sounds dumb and you are correct in everything you have said except the fact that who p;ut the note there and why? If it was a STAFF member then they need to be a part of this discussion and if they made a mistake the wiki needs to be either removed or corrected. We don't just arbitrarily go against something becasue someone wants us to do so please?

Try 30 days of free premium.