Try 30 days of free premium.

User permissions

david wrote 9 years ago: 2

UPDATE: From now on, please refer to http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/10/user-permissions for the latest information on user permissions.

Our vision for the future is a more autonomous system where permissions are automatically granted based on your reputation. I imagine a system where all contributions can be upvoted and downvoted by the rest of the site's users, and that additional permissions are automatically granted when your contributions are rated positively (or taken away when the userbase considers them of low quality!). We'll take it one step at the time though, and use the experience and input we gather meanwhile to shape this vision.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

Once again I know this is in the wrong Forum but I would like to know if you get any or all of your Information from TVRage.com? The reason I ask is I am an Editor over there and I just now noticed the titles on the Episodes for "WWE Smackdown" are exactly like ours as that is a show I personally Edit along with ALL Wrestling programs. Sometimes I make a small typo or miss putting in a space where one should be and it is Never ever noticed or corrected so that is how I know the titles are the ones I add! If you do not get them from TVRage then whatever site you get them from gets them from TVRage.

It's not a Big Deal or anything I was just curious is all?

Also I see that you still call the show in question above "WWE Friday Night Smackdown" so you don't get the titles from Rage as I changed the title of that show 3 months ago to just "WWE Smackdown" when it moved from Friday night to Thursday night.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

We get information from alot of different sources,

screencaps we mostly do ourselves, episode summaries we always try to get from the original press releases, same with series summaries. The posters for the shows we always look for official ones.You can get them for almost every show.

Episode lists we gather from official network sites and also from various other tv sites (for example tvguide, tvrage, futon, tvdb, imdb and so on)

Cast and Crew we also try to get from official press releases because those are the most correct ones, imdb for example has alot of mistakes in their data. We also do alot of cast by ourselves. For Sense8 I did all the cast by myself from the credits.

Things like birth years or country of birth for actors are most easily to get from the offcial facebook pages of the celebrities or from wiki.

The articles are written by our writers of course :)

hope that helped a bit,

cheers

Juan

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 0

Can someone take care of this for me so I can continue working right away please?

Pending verification

Because you've made a lot of edits in a short time, we need a moment to verify that they're the real deal and not vandalism. You will automatically receive a notification when your account is cleared to make more edits, which should happen within a couple of hours. If not, or if you have any questions, please leave a message in our forums.

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Can someone take care of this for me so I can continue working right away please?
Pending verificationBecause you've made a lot of edits in a short time, we need a moment to verify that they're the real deal and not vandalism. You will automatically receive a notification when your account is cleared to make more edits, which should happen within a couple of hours. If not, or if you have any questions, please leave a message in our forums.

Done, apologies for the delay!

GaborTanz wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi may I get permission to add show, I noticed you don't have a lot of korean shows, so I started adding some information on the current ones, but now I am also getting limited by the system.

Because you've made a lot of edits in a short time, we need a moment to verify that they're the real deal and not vandalism. You will automatically receive a notification when your account is cleared to make more edits, which should happen within a couple of hours. If not, or if you have any questions, please leave a message in our forums.

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hey there,

I promoted you, so you can continue to contribute :)

Will talk to Jan and david in a bit and suggest that they enable you to add shows.

cheers
Juan

Jan wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi Gabortanz,

Congratulations. You're our newest trusted contributor.
I also mailed you some information. Let us know should anything be unclear.

cheers,

Jan

pwinn wrote 8 years ago: 1

I've hit the contributor limit twice already, and been cleared once. Sadly, this time I was only 18 eps away from completing all of the 2015 episodes for a show, so I'd added more than 80 eps already. Having to stop made me sad.

Weirdly, I've got two messages telling me I was cleared to keep editing, but they were apparently both in response to the first time I was blocked, because I'm still blocked again.

Any help, please? Thanks.

I've hit the contributor limit twice already, and been cleared once. Sadly, this time I was only 18 eps away from completing all of the 2015 episodes for a show, so I'd added more than 80 eps already. Having to stop made me sad.
Weirdly, I've got two messages telling me I was cleared to keep editing, but they were apparently both in response to the first time I was blocked, because I'm still blocked again.
Any help, please? Thanks.

Apologies! We've been working around the clock these last couple of days and it looks like we've missed this. All sorted now, thanks for the contributions :)

Totally understood. But this has happened to me again. I've been trying to add episodes more slowly, to avoid triggering whatever, but it seems I wasn't slow enough.

I'd like to keep contributing, but it's a bit frustrating to have time to make edits, and then be blocked from doing so. :(

Totally understood. But this has happened to me again. I've been trying to add episodes more slowly, to avoid triggering whatever, but it seems I wasn't slow enough.
I'd like to keep contributing, but it's a bit frustrating to have time to make edits, and then be blocked from doing so. :(

Oh, ha! As soon as I posted this, I saw I had a message telling me I was free to edit again. Nice!

deleted wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi Pwinn,

We have a system to avoid vandalism. This will be very low at the beginning just for us to see if you behave well on TVMaze, once we have seen that, you'll be cleared to a higher level and after just three levels, you can edit as much as you want. :)

Indeed, sorry again! We aim to validate new edits quick enough for users never to see that message, but it's pretty damn busy right now. :)

Ly wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi guys, I've been unable to edit due to the pending verification for a while now. Hoping I can get back to it soon. ^^

Hi Ly,

Upgraded. Almost there. ;)

Ly wrote 8 years ago: 1

Hi Ly,
Upgraded. Almost there. ;)

Perfect, thanks! :)

TV_Watcher10 wrote 8 years ago: 1

I keep adding birthdays and little general info into people, and keep getting blocked after doing a bunch at a time. Very frustrating.

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 0

TV_Watcher10 wrote:
I keep adding birthdays and little general info into people, and keep getting blocked after doing a bunch at a time. Very frustrating.

I am very sorry you are having this problem. I believe all 4 STAFF members are off the site for the remainder of the night/early morning so I will try to assist you until one returns with my own interpertation of what your problem is. From what I have learned by reading this same problem from many other New members the STAFF indicates there is a limit in place until you reach a certain level based on good submissions. Apparently they want to ensure New users are not doing anything detrimental to the site so once you hit a certain limit that look at your previous submissions and if everything looks okay they drop that limit and the 2nd one whatever it is goes in to effect. I believe I read somewhere that there are 4 limit levels until you reach a certain level as a User then you should no longer have any limits.

TV_Watcher10 wrote:

Hi TV_Watcher10, we're not off the site. :)

I've just bumped up your level. The limitation per level is a safeguard so that while new contributors get accustumed to the contribution system, we can monitor their progress and assist where necessary. At some point contributors can contribute wherever without it being locked.

Let us know should you have any more questions or remarks.

cheers,

Jan

Try 30 days of free premium.