Try 30 days of free premium.

... because the world needs another streaming option?

SilverSurfer wrote 4 years ago: 1

What is AT&T TV? Here's what we know now

AT&T is preparing to launch another new streaming service called AT&T TV later this summer. Not to be confused with AT&T TV Now, formerly DirecTV Now, the new offering will allow users to stream content to the AT&T TV app on mobile devices and through a box on TVs.

kevin87 wrote 4 years ago: 1

At least, from the sound of it, this is just a provider app like DirecTV Now and Spectrum, or a specialized version of Sling.

All these services are just going to ruin everything though, people are going to get burnt out on them and hopefully all these studios and businesses will realize not everybody is worthy of their own service.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 2

I think in time the good ones will survive and the other will vanish into the endless void :)

Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ Bundle to Cost $12.99/Month — But There's a Catch

https://tvline.com/2019/08/06/disney-plus-hulu-bundle-pricing/

The upcoming launch of the Disney+ streaming service just got a bit sweeter sounding, with the disclosure of a price point for a package that adds in Hulu as well as ESPN+.

When Disney+ launches on Tuesday, Nov. 12 (for U.S. subscribers; and then rolled out to the rest of the world over two years), the new service’s ad-free content will cost $6.99/month (or $69.99/year).

But Disney CEO Bob Iger announced during a Tuesday earnings call that a bundle that combines the well-stocked Disney+ with Hulu’s ad-supported basic service ($5.99/month) as well as ESPN+ ($4.99/month) will total just $12.99/month.

LadyShelley wrote 4 years ago: 1

kevin87 wrote:
Maybe if they let me remove ESPN and add the commercial-free Hulu in it's place. :P

Yep, still, not gonna pay for a streaming service that makes me watch ads. You get to do one or the other, not both.

TV Streaming Service Guide: Disney+, Netflix, Apple TV+, Hulu and 21 Other Options

https://tvline.com/2019/08/30/streaming-tv-guide-shows-amazon-apple-netflix-disney-plus-hulu-hbo-max/

The Streaming TV Apocalypse (#PeakStream?) is nigh — and consumers will be forced to make some tough choices.

In the coming months, behemoths such as Apple, Disney and WarnerMedia will enter the marketplace with services to take on the new Big 3 (Netflix, Hulu and Amazon). It’s unlikely that consumers will subscribe to all six, on top of a smattering of niche SVODs offered — so what’s your plan?

... my head hurts

Jan wrote 4 years ago: 1

kevin87 wrote:
Maybe if they let me remove ESPN and add the commercial-free Hulu in it's place. :P

Could be that hulu's shows start showing up on Disney+ as well. Disney is a majority holder of Hulu.

JuanArango wrote 4 years ago: 1

I will stay with Netflix and prime :)

tnt wrote 4 years ago: 1

I'll probably consider Disney+ when it became available, at least for some trial period. And HBO Max looks decent enough on paper.

Otherwise it's Netflix+Prime for me as well :)

deleted wrote 4 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
I'll probably consider Disney+ when it became available, at least for some trial period. And HBO Max looks decent enough on paper.

Otherwise it's Netflix+Prime for me as well :)

Netflix is really the only option for me here. Besides HBO (which is not available anymore here), other streaming devices simply do not offer as much as netflix does that really interests me.

Apple TV Plus to Launch on Nov. 1, Cost $4.99 per Month

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/apple-tv-launch-date-1203330169/

Apple has finally revealed key details about its upcoming video subscription service: The company used a press event for the introduction of the new iPhone Tuesday to announce that its Apple TV Plus service is going to launch in 100 countries on Nov. 1.

The service will be priced at $4.99 per month, and Apple is granting loyal customers a long introductory period: Anyone who buys a new Apple device will receive a whole year of free Apple TV Plus.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/apple-tv-plus-launch-original-series-available-see-morning-report-dickinson-full-list-1202730602/ has a longer, better list of new shows on ATV+

suemac wrote 3 years ago: 1

Juan & TNT

Sort of same for me. Prime is a given as I use the other benefits. I only do Netflix a few months a year. Coming up on year since last cancelled so will re-activate soon for Ozark and some oldies maybe...a month subscription should do it but if their catalog is better than I remember, I might go for two.  The rest (for me): HULU, AcornTV, BritBox - I just cycle thru....not having more than 1 per month. I'd guess there are more of us out there that do the same....just hoping that those services don't catch on and do something drastic. 

As far as currently airing shows (I don't have TV at all (5 plus years now)) I utilize the .com sites for ABC, CBS, CW, NBC. ABC is 8 day delay, the others are next day. I can certainly deal w that. I just gotta watch the number of episodes available...usually the last 5.

I watch allot of TV shows...mostly old, long gone, ended shows (updating TVMaze as I go) Old Brit shows are easy enough to find. Not so easy for old US shows.

OK...as far as streaming services....original post about Aug 2019? Streaming sheeming...it's a cluster. And BEWARE! A site may promote they have this show and that show but when you actually go there they might be missing season and episodes. Like False Advertising.

Regards

Try 30 days of free premium.