Try 30 days of free premium.

Architecture for Alternate Airdates

TonyMayhew wrote 3 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
Great! Good point regarding the linked network/web channel, I'll see if we can't display that nicely on the main page somewhere.

Yeah, gotta agree this would be a nice addition.

I've just added the UK airdates to Efterforskningen & unless you actually know which UK network it is airing on, there's no way to tell. 

Maybe something as simple as a little box to the right of where it says Season 1, 2, 3 etc with the alternate network would work?

kevin87 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
You might be correct, to do it for half a season will look a bit weird :)

Ran into a little issue similar to this. Paranormal Caught on Camera moved to Discovery+ with only 6 episodes left in the season... and as of last week, those episodes began airing weekly on Travel Channel again. The episodes/dates prior to 3x21 are from Travel Channel already, so should those be added to the alt list or just begin with the ones that went to Discovery+ first? 

deleted wrote 2 years ago: 1

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I see this was implemented and am wondering how it interacts with the calendar.

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/41061/the-north-water premieres this month on AMC (I think 1 week earlier on AMC+ than AMC? unsure about that though) but the "alternate episodes" are not on the calendar and the main episodes (BBC 2) won't air until autumn.

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

@kerk wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct thread but I see this was implemented and am wondering how it interacts with the calendar

It doesn't just yet.

Currently the alternate airdates can only be viewed in the episode list (as linked above), but next up we're going to discuss if & how the alternate dates might be used throughout the site such as in the calendar.

david wrote 2 years ago: 1

@MichaelDeBoey wrote:
@david So Streamz is premiering whole seasons of series before they "officially" air on één, VTM or Play4

In that case the "Streamz" airdates should be used as primary dates, and an alternate list ("broadcast premiere") can be created for the TV airdates.

MichaelDeBoey wrote 2 years ago: 1

@david wrote:
an alternate list ("broadcast premiere") can be created for the TV airdates.

Can you explain how I should do that?
I can't find it anywhere

david wrote 2 years ago: 2

Currently, Alternate Lists can only be created by Trusted Contributors; but adding episodes to an existing Alternate List is open to all Contributors.

You can request the creation of an alternate list in Edit Requests :)

suemac wrote 2 years ago: 1

What information should be included in requests to create alternate airdates/episode lists?

Link to show; Alternate Network/Web Channel; what else?

Just to confirm please: currently there is no interaction between alternate episode lists and the Calendar, right? I'm going to see the primary airing info on the calendar and not alternate.     My example is the show Transplant. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/43828/transplant    It has primary CTV/Canada lists and alternate NBC/US lists. 

Right now I'm going to see s2e9 today 3/8/22, not s2e1 two days back on 3/6. Sometime in future perhaps a calendar dropdown to select US, I guess. Then further down line something similar on watchlists.  If this is already being discussed someplace in forums, I missed it.  Thanks

TomSouthwell wrote 2 years ago: 1

@suemac wrote:
Just to confirm please: currently there is no interaction between alternate episode lists and the Calendar, right? I'm going to see the primary airing info on the calendar and not alternate.     My example is the show Transplant. https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/43828/transplant    It has primary CTV/Canada lists and alternate NBC/US lists. 

Right now I'm going to see s2e9 today 3/8/22, not s2e1 two days back on 3/6. Sometime in future perhaps a calendar dropdown to select US, I guess. Then further down line something similar on watchlists.  If this is already being discussed someplace in forums, I missed it.  Thanks

Eventually this feature should interact with other aspects of the site but we have no ETA on that right now. 

@suemac wrote:
What information should be included in requests to create alternate airdates/episode lists?

Link to show; Alternate Network/Web Channel; what else?

Whatever it asks for when you create the alternate list, it depends completely on what sort of list you are setting up. 

@TomSouthwell wrote:

Whatever it asks for when you create the alternate list, it depends completely on what sort of list you are setting up. 

Sorry my query was not clear.  I don't have permissions to create alternate air date lists, just to add episodes to lists that a higher permission user has already created.  So I can't see what 'it asks for',  I'm asking what that user would need.

CosmicHowl wrote 2 years ago: 2

@suemac wrote:
Sorry my query was not clear.  I don't have permissions to create alternate air date lists, just to add episodes to lists that a higher permission user has already created.  So I can't see what 'it asks for',  I'm asking what that user would need.

You just need to mention which alternate network/streaming service it will air on, link to the show page and why you want it. 
This is one I've written in the past.
___
CosmicHowl wrote 13 days ago: 

Can an alternate episode list be created for The Witchfinder? It'll be released as a boxset on iPlayer and broadcast on BBC Two. Thanks

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/44530/the-witchfinder

david wrote 2 years ago: 2

Supporting Contributors can now create alternate lists themselves! :)

Try 30 days of free premium.