Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

tnt wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
Has anyone ever seen any of the "mash-up" specials (http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/16464/spaces-deepest-secrets/episodes) and are they enough different from the originals to justify inclusion? I don't get the channel so can't watch live and the "specials" never show up for "alternative viewing" in my travels and there are few references I can find, and none from official sources. If Arrested Developments recent 'mash-up' of an entire season doesn't qualify, I'm not so sure these "specials" would either. ymmv.

Discovery is never ceases to amaze, bringing to existence all kinds of stitched together dead horses and producing a shitton of "new" episodes from the same old footage.

SilverSurfer wrote 5 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
Discovery is never ceases to amaze, bringing to existence all kinds of stitched together dead horses and producing a shitton of "new" episodes from the same old footage.

So far it's only from the same series ... I'm waiting for the "special" that will rock the world to it's core when we find out about "Ancient Aliens Tanked Deepest 600 lbs Secrets" ... the shocking story of a very hefty alien who, 5000 years ago, had a ginormous fish tank built in orbit to farm massive quantities of space tuna to feed his massive hunger!

SilverSurfer wrote:
So far it's only from the same series ... I'm waiting for the "special" that will rock the world to it's core when we find out about "Ancient Aliens Tanked Deepest 600 lbs Secrets" ... the shocking story of a very hefty alien who, 5000 years ago, had a ginormous fish tank built in orbit to farm massive quantities of space tuna to feed his massive hunger!

Well, how about http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1359594/spaces-deepest-secrets-s03-special-mars-greatest-mysteries? )))

Someone need to contact the user who made those remarks in summaries, to get the whole picture, is it worth keeping or not.

tnt wrote:
Well, how about http://www.tvmaze.com/episodes/1359594/spaces-deepest-secrets-s03-special-mars-greatest-mysteries? )))

Someone need to contact the user who made those remarks in summaries, to get the whole picture, is it worth keeping or not.

OK, I need to stop making what I think are crazy jokes only to find out it has already occurred. Since I can't see them, I can't say for sure but, it seems these specials are just other episodes (or in this case other series) aired back-to-back with, perhaps, new wrappers and some connective narrative? I wish someone who has seen both the originals and the "specials" can comment on what, if any, new content has been added.

Does this mean I can still hope above all hopes and that I will see a space tuna episode soon? :)

EDIT: Quick look shows about half the "specials" include episodes from other series in the mash-ups. Surely these can not count as true specials listed here? And if they can, which series gets the listing when it's 50/50?

JuanArango wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
OK, I need to stop making what I think are crazy jokes only to find out it has already occurred. Since I can't see them, I can't say for sure but, it seems these specials are just other episodes (or in this case other series) aired back-to-back with, perhaps, new wrappers and some connective narrative? I wish someone who has seen both the originals and the "specials" can comment on what, if any, new content has been added.

Does this mean I can still hope above all hopes and that I will see a space tuna episode soon? :)

EDIT: Quick look shows about half the "specials" include episodes from other series in the mash-ups. Surely these can not count as true specials listed here? And if they can, which series gets the listing when it's 50/50?

Honestly I would delete those episodes, what do the others think?

Devin1405 wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:

I would agree. There's nothing new about them other than being seamed together. They air on a completely different night than true episode premieres.

JuanArango wrote:

I don't mind :) At least those "mash-ups".

Devin1405 wrote:
https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/3524/american-masters/episodes is completely off.

You can find the correct season/ep numbers from PBS here: https://www.ket.org/series/AMMS/all/

For example, "Marilyn Monroe: Still Life 01:00:00 | #1904 | TV-PG" would be Season 19, Episode 14. Here it's season 20, episode 4. Most, if not all, are wrong on here and off by 1-2 seasons plus some episode numbers.

I am right now looking at it, those numbers are not the actual episode numbers, those are production numbers which always vary alot from the actual airdates and episode numbers. I will try to find another source to compare.

The best solution here will be to list the show yearly, which we did for several similar incidents with other shows too.

Devin1405 wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
I am right now looking at it, those numbers are not the actual episode numbers, those are production numbers which always vary alot from the actual airdates and episode numbers. I will try to find another source to compare.

The best solution here will be to list the show yearly, which we did for several similar incidents with other shows too.

You're right. Good catch. For example, it says #3003 on https://www.ket.org/series/AMMS/all/ but Season 31, Episode 4 on https://www.pbs.org/video/james-beard-americas-first-foodie-kfryh8/ which matches TV Maze. So I guess it is accurate here. My mistake.

JuanArango wrote:
No problem, what do you think of my suggestion to list it according to year?

Why would we do that if they're using season numeration? It's not a daily show, and they're releasing only 8-10 episodes a year.

Does our listings are so much different from the official?

tnt wrote:
Why would we do that if they're using season numeration? It's not a daily show, and they're releasing only 8-10 episodes a year.

Does our listings are so much different from the official?

Problem is I cannot find a Full official listing.

momijigari wrote 5 years ago: 1

JuanArango wrote:
Problem is I cannot find a Full official listing.

While only some episodes are visible in the official PBS epguide, they all have pages there if you do an advanced search of the site (for instance using google).

Please also note that when PBS reruns an episode, they give it a new season/episode number, so an exact copy of their guide would create duplicates.

I have worked through Season 28 to 32 here now and then, verified with PBS, and added descriptions and images.

So the only epnumbers listed here for those seasons that doesn't match PBS is when I've recycled the rerun (duplicate) episode entries.

Example: https://www.pbs.org/video/american-masters-pete-seeger-power-song/

While listed on PBS as "Season 28 Episode 2" it did in fact premiere in 2008 (Season 22).

momijigari wrote 5 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
Seems, to me anyways, an odd thing for PBS to do ... any idea if it's an exact rerun or have they updated the episode in some fashion? I'd expect this from the folks at Discovery et al but not PBS.

As you can read on the page I linked above, PBS says "This first and only authorized biography of Seeger premiered on PBS in 2008."

That statement does not indicate any updates or changes.

And that was just one example.

momijigari wrote:
As you can read on the page I linked above, PBS says "This first and only authorized biography of Seeger premiered on PBS in 2008."

That statement does not indicate any updates or changes.

And that was just one example.

Guess it's another example of "what's old is new again".

Try 30 days of free premium.