Edit Requests

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 1

@JuanArango wrote:
done :)

but the other one is older and have twice more followers

JuanArango wrote 3 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
but the other one is older and have twice more followers

ola, did not check that, will undo it :)

markus wrote 3 years ago: 1

@tnt wrote:
only by viewing the page source.

1907771 is Selma Bouvier
1907772 is Todd Flanders

Thanks! Then something weird happened here.
I clicked along while I watched the episode and tried to save afterwards. Turns out somebody else had done the same and saved before me.
He had already set one cast appearance as a guest appearance that I had checked as a cast appearance, so I got an error stating that. 
The rest appeared to have been saved. Some of the cast appearances I had not checked because they had no dialogue, one or two I even missed.
Selma Bouvier stood out however, as that character was not in the episode and I definitely didn't check it.
Could that have been caused by this edit collision?

Please remove 1907771

tnt wrote 3 years ago: 2

@markus wrote:
I clicked along while I watched the episode and tried to save afterwards. Turns out somebody else had done the same and saved before me.
He had already set one cast appearance as a guest appearance that I had checked as a cast appearance, so I got an error stating that. 
The rest appeared to have been saved. Some of the cast appearances I had not checked because they had no dialogue, one or two I even missed.
Selma Bouvier stood out however, as that character was not in the episode and I definitely didn't check it.

yeah, probably, or someone just marked it by mistake :)

Please remove 1907771

done

deleted wrote 3 years ago: 1

Tried to add banner to Bombay Begums using https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/series/386561/banners/6029243c06208.jpg  but says i have pending edits that need to be approved.

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/53574/bombay-begums/gallery

TomSouthwell wrote 3 years ago: 1

Just out of curiosity why do we have so many supporting characters as stars of The Simpsons? Surely the main family would be the only stars, I know voice actors are just credited in the show titles and character names aren't featured. If a starring actor appears as a different character in any of the Marvel animated shows, I've added them as guests as the majority of the time they'd only appear once or in a few episodes. 

@jimmyphalen wrote:
Tried to add banner to Bombay Begums using https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/series/386561/banners/6029243c06208.jpg  but says i have pending edits that need to be approved.

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/53574/bombay-begums/gallery

you are verified you can add it now :)

@TomSouthwell wrote:
Just out of curiosity why do we have so many supporting characters as stars of The Simpsons? Surely the main family would be the only stars, I know voice actors are just credited in the show titles and character names aren't featured. If a starring actor appears as a different character in any of the Marvel animated shows, I've added them as guests as the majority of the time they'd only appear once or in a few episodes. 

I think the people doing this see this the way that if the main voice actor voices someone, it belongs to the main cast. Not sure if this is covered anywhere in the policy :O

@JuanArango wrote:
I think the people doing this see this the way that if the main voice actor voices someone, it belongs to the main cast. Not sure if this is covered anywhere in the policy :O

I think it definately needs looking at as if not you end up with characters like this:

https://www.tvmaze.com/characters/239165/the-simpsons-duffman

As a star, when he could literally appear in the episode say "Oh Yeah" and that be it. 

drosso46561 wrote 3 years ago: 1

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I think it definately needs looking at as if not you end up with characters like this:

https://www.tvmaze.com/characters/239165/the-simpsons-duffman

As a star, when he could literally appear in the episode say "Oh Yeah" and that be it. 

With the ones I have added in the Simpsons, I have been adding the main cast and the characters they play as main cast. One thing about a lot of the characters the main cast members play, over the years the secondary characters they voice have appeared in more episodes than not appearing. 

@drosso46561 wrote:
With the ones I have added in the Simpsons, I have been adding the main cast and the characters they play as main cast. One thing about a lot of the characters the main cast members play, over the years the secondary characters they voice have appeared in more episodes than not appearing. 

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Duffman

I count 52 episode appearances out of over 700 episodes. He's not appearing as a regular character as he could appear in one episode out of a whole season or not in one season at all and then appear in the next. Surely this would be a recurring character? 

@markus wrote:

Please remove 1907771She 

@markus  I probably accidentally hit Selma's character while marking the cast of that episode earlier while watching it and did not notice. The character was definitely not in the episode.  

@TomSouthwell wrote:
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Duffman

I count 52 episode appearances there out of over 700 episodes. He's not appearing as a regular character as he could appear in one episode out of a whole season or not in one season at all and then appear in the next. Surely this would be a recurring character? 

I would have to agree on Duffmans character as a reoccurring and possibly marked under guest cast. I know it's hard to decide with a main cast member being involved. Others  like Barney or Moe, Carl and Lenny that make a lot of appearances seems more appropriate to main cast. It is hard to draw the line on some of them, take for instance Milhouse, he has so many appearances, it seems like his character should be main cast since the actor is not really listed as guest in the shows main credits but from what I have seen from the start of the series listings here he has mainly been listed as guest cast.

I think my wider point here is. I asked specifically when adding cast to this show: 

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/4107/spider-man/characters

What to do about main cast. It was agreed that since Spider-Man was the titular character, it didn't matter if Paul Soles did 8 different voices in an episode, he would only ever be credited as the main role he appeared in and guest starring as the rest. If a show is specifically citing that character is a star, then sure they should be added as such, which is what I've done on other animated series:

https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/1957/superman-the-animated-series

The supporting characters here would appear as Stars in certain episodes and were credited as such but some would mostly be credited in guest starring capacity. 

The Simpsons like Spider-Man aren't doing that, so surely the same rule should apply? 

With The Simpsons it is very, very hard to decide who is main cast and who is guest cast, the credits are no help at all, I got no easy solution for this. Maybe we should duscuss this in a new thread guys? 

@JuanArango wrote:
With The Simpsons it is very, very hard to decide who is main cast and who is guest cast, the credits are no help at all, I got no easy solution for this. Maybe we should duscuss this in a new thread guys? 

You've got the 5 main characters who appeared in the opening credits for years, I don't think it would be that hard. We have plenty of shows in which recurring characters can appear across the entire series run but are never credited as stars for it just because of that fact. I would agree a new thread would be good as I believe a policy should be drafted if we are following different rules for different guides. 

@TomSouthwell wrote:
You've got the 5 main characters who appeared in the opening credits for years, I don't think it would be that hard. We have plenty of shows in which recurring characters can appear across the entire series run but are never credited as stars for it just because of that fact. I would agree a new thread would be good as I believe a policy should be drafted if we are following different rules for different guides. 

Will you open the new thread? :) 

fli718 wrote 3 years ago: 1

Hi, just finished watching The Blind Auditions tonight on the Voice and they aired a commercial saying that Kelly Clarkson would not be present for the Battles since she was under the weather and that Kelsea Ballerini would step in as a guest judge for her during the Battles. I didn't know this before doing the cast for the Battles, so if possible could someone delete Kelly Clarkson from these two episodes of The Voice (everyone else that I put on is correct).

The Battles Premiere - The Voice S20E07 | TVmaze

The Battles Part 2 - The Voice S20E08 | TVmaze

Sorry for all the trouble, didn't hear the news until tonight. Thanks for your help!

Try 30 days of free premium.