We're celebrating six years of servicing users and apps all over the world by slicing Premium's price in half. (also black friday is coming up soon)
Why would I get Premium if TVmaze is free?
Fair question; The primary reason for upgrading to Premium is if you want to get an edge with additional tools. (All the data is available either way).
OR if you just want to support TVmaze's development.
TVmaze is the most reliable independent free TV database / TV API run by contributors.
Premium helps us with investing in infrastructure and future development.
Revenue from Premium is used to:
- Decrease TVmaze's dependency on ad revenue (which we would like to phase out).
- Financial support to cover operational & logistical tasks
- Financial support to cover infrastructure costs
- More time to spend developing and improving features.
- Infrastructure improvements
What's in Premium:
- No advertising
- Enhanced privacy: no tracking
- Weekly calendar
- Personalized Schedule
- Read-write user API
- Additional endpoints to connect to third party trackers and apps
- Custom iCal feeds
- RSS Feeds
- Early access to new features
- Future premium-only features
- Premium achievements
- Comment & Forum badge
- Influence pending features
- A good feeling from knowing you Support TVmaze
What have we accomplished this year?
- Improved communication
- Improved mail notifications
- Follow comment threads
- Development/collaboration on third party addons:
- Support for significant Episode specials
- Backend libraries and systems updated to the latest versions.
- 99.9% Uptime
- Overall faster load times than our competitors.
What we want to accomplish in 2021
- Continued Development of top pending features
- Modernize the current interface to 2021 standards.
- Re-design several features
- Make the site even more light weight.
- Provide more statistics
- Homepage Personalization & community communication
- Further improvements of PWA functionality and mobile tools/presence.
- Further expansion of information types & API.
TVmaze is its community. Thank you for being part of it.
The Premium 50% discount will run until the end of the month.
>>Click here to get it<<
Written by Jan at Nov 23, 2020
Login to leave a comment on this blog.
And I have now replied to your PM taking you up on your offer (you said to ping you when my subscription expires and I did that on 28th April). These ads are just horrible and slowing my ipad mini down to a crawl. Hopefully you, or someone else will be able to reply to me soon, or else I will need to find some sort of ad blocker for ios. Don't really want to, I would rather support the site, but communication seems awfully slow at the moment. :(
Is your tvmaze able to talk to Emby?
If so how do I set it up?
Hoping I can also arrive late to the party. Definitely want to contribute to keep this service going.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! done and done and so looking forward to the upgrade
Hi Glazeboss, Check your pm's.
ahh crap..looks like i just missed this one
hi Janner, sent you a PM.
@Jan , Thanks. I would like to take you up on your offer. My TVMaze bronze membership does not expire until 26 April 2021, but I would like to take advantage of £15 for another year of Bronze. Does that mean you send me a special paypal link, and then manually have to extend my bronze membership to 26 April 2022?
We're using a third party system to handle payments, discounts, subscriptions, etc. Although what you're saying makes sense. We currently don't have the ability to do this automatically. So If someone wishes to make use of the current discount while already being premium, I'll have to set it up manually. Which is fine. I will. You just need to ask for it here (or on my talk page or through mail).
CC @Jan Just my two cents but IMHO I think in cases like this they should be able to take advantage of the offer now but the 12 months doesn't begin until the end of their current subscription. If people are willing to sign up months in advance, why not? ymmv