Try 30 days of free premium.

Q's & A's

JuanArango wrote 8 years ago: 1

The forum search is located on the main forum page.

Click on "Forums" then scroll down and below the main forums you can see the search box.

Hope you will get better soon, Ron! You got the flu?

cheers

Juan

It is good that they have ruled out this, because that is a pretty bad illness.

For duplicate actors i think there is no final saying on this so far, david or jan will probably reply to this this evening.

For duplicate shows we just add the showname, we do not distinguish it with a number, the show is distinguished by all the other info, like channel, cast, airdates and so on.

cheers
Juan

david wrote 8 years ago: 1

Q2. - I have a duplicate actress by the name of "Ashley Williams" since we have yet to see any site guidelines on how to do things I have no clue how we add duplicates, triplicates etc. of people so I added her as Ashley Williams (2) and if this is not the way you wish to do it I will gladly correct it?

For both shows and people, please add them without any suffixes like "(2)". If there are multiple shows or people with the same name, we can just disambiguate them by their properties (such as network, premiere year for shows; birthday and country for people). Adding a "(2)" doesn't add any value at all - it doesn't tell you anything more about which exact person the entry refers to.

I guess I was ass umming that the database would not allow 2 or more duplicates so if I was wrong sorry that I ass ummed?

Yes, having two or more people with the same name in our database is perfectly valid :-)

Hmmmmmm,

you are making a valid point here Ron, let us wait and see what the others have to say about this. I watch some UFC once in a while but I was not aware of that issue that some fight cards are shown on other networks.

Also it would be interesting to know how all the other tv related sites are handling this issue.

Now I shall watch the two episode Under the Dome season 3 premiere :)

cheers
Juan

Hello Ron,

if I remember this correctly, the episode title would be too long for the design of the schedule, it would look messy then, but Jan can give you a more definite answer this evening.

cheers
Juan

I just use the word "messy" because it descibes what I am trying to say.

If you look at the fields where the shows and episodes are displayed, some shows already have a long title, for example "How I met Your Mother" and if then the episode has a title like "Yesterday we met for the first time" and then you have such a combination several times on a day and even on the same network, it simply does not fit in, with still making it look nicely.

Also I am not sure if at first glance it isn't more important for the user to see which episode number is coming up next instead of the title. One can always click on the number to get to the episode page.

If you look for example at all the scene releases of tv stuff, they also number the episodes in the release title, for example "The last Ship 2x04" or "The last Ship S2E04", they simple do not use the episode title because it is too long and does not fit in with most of the pages designs. And if you cut off the episode title most of the time, it won't have much use anymore.

But in the end I think it is also a personal preference, if someone likes to have the title or the number displayed.

cheers
Juan

I say 90% is a way high number :)

But we do not know this, I will talk to david and Jan about displaying the episode title instead of the number and we will see what they say about this.

cheers
Juan

JAGUARDOG wrote 8 years ago: 1

I say 90% is a way high number :)
But we do not know this, I will talk to david and Jan about displaying the episode title instead of the number and we will see what they say about this.
cheers
Juan

ok!

I talked about this last night with david and Jan, the schedule is the most hard part to code on the whole side. Before going online david and jan tried a lot of different thi ngs with it, also adding a second line, but this does not look and work well.

I think for now we have to stay with the episode numbers on the schedule.

david or Jan might give some more in depth info on this during the weekend.

cheers
Juan

I talked about this last night with david and Jan, the schedule is the most hard part to code on the whole side. Before going online david and jan tried a lot of different thi ngs with it, also adding a second line, but this does not look and work well.
cheers
Juan

OK, please thank them for at least trying.

On the popular shows airing tonight page under the list to the far right I see the new series “Dr. Jeff: Rocky Mountain Vet” is showing up with an airtime of 22:02 which is correct.

My question is why is this show “Outrageous Acts of Psych” not showing on this schedule list as 22:01 because the episode is marked correctly. The reason it airs at that time is there is a 1 minute long sneak peak of the new series "Race to Escape" that airs before it at 22:00. Therefore they both show on the schedule as 22:00 which is incorrect? Both shows air on the Science Channel.

Any ideas why 02 would show correctly but not 01 and can this be fixed?

The episode for "Outrageous Acts of Psych" is actually set to an airtime of 22:00, see here: http://www.tvmaze.com/episode/update?id=183954

Please note that a show's "default airtime" has no impact on the schedule whatsoever, only the airtime added to the episodes itself counts. The show's "default airtime" is only used as default value for adding new episodes :)

cheers
Juan

OK, please thank them for at least trying.

Indeed, there just isn't any room for the episode title in the current schedule format. Even only the show name & episode number doesn't always fit in there. So this can't be changed unless perhaps the schedule is redesigned one day.

David you just posted this (in a Forum that we cannot ask questions in I might add) so I put it here to ask my question.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

davidwrote 48 minutes ago:

This is now implemented! See the "sort by" column on http://www.tvmaze.com/shows. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just looked at that page and I DO NOT see a place to select sort? So how do we sort the list please?

David you just posted this (in a Forum that we cannot ask questions in I might add) so I put it here to ask my question.

This is now implemented! See the "sort by" column on http://www.tvmaze.com/shows. :)
I just looked at that page and I DO NOT see a place to select sort? So how do we sort the list please?

Look at the sorting option right beside the show posters. It starts on top with "Show Status", and the last one on the bottom is "Sort By"

There you can sort the shows using several options. You just need to click into the "Sort By" field, then you see the different options. Hope that helped :)

cheers
Juan

Look at the sorting option right beside the show posters. It starts on top with "Show Status", and the last one on the bottom is "Sort By"
There you can sort the shows using several options. Hope that helped :)

cheers
Juan

Thanks however I DO NOT SEE any of those things on that page is my functionality messed up? I see at the top of the main page

TVMAZE Search Shows and People Go / An Envelope for mail and my Username

Shows People Networks Web Channels Articles Schedule Calendar Forums

below that is Shows

below that is 25 SHOW POSTERS with their names underneath them

At the very bottom is this: << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

then Create New

then - Follow us on: Facebook / Twitter / Google + (just the little icons for them)

then API Blog Privacy Policy ToS Copywright

followed by - c TV maze.com

There is no other items, selections or words other that that so what am I missing please?

There is also nothing AT ALL on the left or right sides of my screen?

Therefore there must be something you are not explaining to this ROOKIE that I do not understand?

cheers
Juan

Thanks however I DO NOT SEE any of those things on that page is my functionality messed up? I see at the top of the main page
below that is Shows
then Create New
then - Follow us on: Facebook / Twitter / Google + (just the little icons for them)
There is no other items, selections or words other that that so what am I missing please?
Therefore there must be something you are not explaining to this ROOKIE that I do not understand?

Ron,

if you go there:

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows

the first line of posters is from left to right:

Under the Dome / Person of Interest / Bitten / Arrow

and RIGHT beside the Arrow poster, are 8 "Drop Down Boxes"

The top one is "Show Status", below that is "Show Type" and the 8th one is "Sort By"

I really cannot see, how you miss those boxes, they are clearly visible and everyone is using them :)

here is a screenshot:

http://imgur.com/usfeBwK

cheers
Juan

cheers
Juan

below that is Shows
then Create New

Ron,
if you go there:
http://www.tvmaze.com/shows

the first line of posters is from left to right:
Under the Dome / Person of Interest / Bitten / Arrow
and RIGHT beside the Arrow poster, are 8 "Drop Down Boxes"
The top one is "Show Status", below that is "Show Type" and the 8th one is "Sort By"
I really cannot see, how you miss those boxes, they are clearly visible and everyone is using them :)
If you still do not see them I will make a screenshot and upload it to imagebay, so that you can see what I mean.
cheers
Juan

NOT only are there NOT any drop down boxes but I have a 5th show in that row "True Detective". I have 5 shows in every single row except only 4 in the bottom row so why do I have something different or why do you not have "True Detective" as the 5th show in Row 1? I told you my functionality must be messed up! If I knew how to make a screen print of what I see and send it to you so you could see I do not have it I would?

Try 30 days of free premium.