Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

SilverSurfer wrote 6 years ago: 1

On the cast page of Roseanne (http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/690/roseanne/cast) the same picture of Lecy Goranson is used for both her and Sarah Chalke. I assume there is no way to have/force multiple pictures for multiple actors playing the same character? Or have/force the actors regular pictures instead of a character picture when a character has multiple actors?

Gadfly wrote 6 years ago: 1

SilverSurfer wrote:
On the cast page of Roseanne (http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/690/roseanne/cast) the same picture of Lecy Goranson is used for both her and Sarah Chalke. I assume there is no way to have/force multiple pictures for multiple actors playing the same character? Or have/force the actors regular pictures instead of a character picture when a character has multiple actors?

The problem is that you have the same character played by two different actors. Whose picture do you show?

You can put multiple pictures on the character pages, but only one will display as the "primary" image: the rest are only visible in the gallery.

Some kind of coding to rotate through any and all images in the galley would be helpful. That means all galley images would have to be portrait rather than landscape.

It's presumably the same anytime two different actors play the same character. For instance, the picture of Darrin Stephens on Bewitched shows Dick York's photo for Dick Sargent as Darrin.

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/826/bewitched/cast

The only way around it currently would be two create two different "Darrin Stephens" characters. I believe that is against policy, however.

tnt wrote 6 years ago: 1

RaveDave wrote:
Has there been a rule change? i don't see any changes in the Data Policies page, wherever the show airs first is the network that is listed for the show surely? I noticed a few minutes ago that this show was saying in production so i fixed it, as it has aired in is entirety in New Zealand in Jan/Feb before it aired in Australia.

In the same policies you referring to there's a chapter called Airdate owner, I suggest you refresh it in the memory a bit. Innocent is an ITV show, so how changing it to New Zealand channel, which is not affiliated nor with ITV nor with a production company in any way, is "fixing" it? I'm reverting your changes.

deleted wrote 6 years ago: 1

tnt wrote:
In the same policies you referring to there's a chapter called Airdate owner, I suggest you refresh it in the memory a bit. Innocent is an ITV show, so how changing it to New Zealand channel, which is not affiliated nor with ITV nor with a production company in any way, is "fixing" it? I'm reverting your changes.

How about writing it in nicer words?

On top of that if a series did broadcast way ahead of the producing network, we definitely use the airing dates of the New Zealand's tv network instead of itv. The ownership was only meant to those who were airing almost simultaneosly or a week in advance.

Delenn wrote 6 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:

On top of that if a series did broadcast way ahead of the producing network, we definitely use the airing dates of the New Zealand's tv network instead of itv. The ownership was only meant to those who were airing almost simultaneosly or a week in advance.

See. This is why I don't mess with these things myself, I find the approach confusing.

Because I was under the impression that according to policy "a show's owner is the entity that commissioned the show." That would make it the show's owner ITV. It's been shipped to other countries, and aired ahead of ITV, but ITV still commissioned it. So by the first line of the airdate policy, ITV own it. Policy indicates that we only use the world premiere of a show, if the show is co-owned between networks or the ownership is ambiguous, that desn't seem to be the case here. Are we saying it's co-owned or ambiguous? Because I can't find any evidence that anyone other than ITV had anything to do with commissioning it.

If the policy is meant to be used as you say Thomas (and maybe it is, I don't know), that's not quite what it says and should be rewritten to be more explicit in its intent.

Source: http://www.tvmaze.com/faq/15/episodes // Airdate owner

Thomas wrote:

The tone is quite the same as in the post I've answered.

As for "airing almost simultaneosly" – if that's the case, shouldn't the policy say exactly so? The way I understand it, the only thing that would support the NZ airdates is if the show was a UK/NZ co-production, which it is not. All sources are unanimous that it's made by UK production company and ordered by UK network.

JuanArango wrote 6 years ago: 1

Thomas wrote:

Thomas is correct on this :)

JuanArango wrote:

Well, so how do we suppose to know that? Why it is not reflected in policy in any way?

JuanArango wrote:

Ok. If that's how it is, that's how it is. But the wording of the airdate policy in the episodes FAQ does not reflect this and should be altered to be clearer to avoid future confusion.

Delenn wrote:
Ok. If that's how it is, that's how it is. But the wording of the airdate policy in the episodes FAQ does not reflect this and should be altered to be clearer to avoid future confusion.

I will ask david and jan to add it :)

JuanArango wrote:
I will ask david and jan to add it :)

With the exact definition of "way ahead of the producing network", please.

vBm wrote 6 years ago: 1

Please add imdb to the following tv shows:

- tt4941240 to Star

Thanks in advance.

tnt wrote:
BTW, in this case why do we have UK airdates for http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/19063/the-loch? Wasn't it premiered in Australia way ahead of UK premiere?

hmm, I remember this was a long and winding discussion, as soon as I am able to talk to david or jan I will keep you all updated how we will proceed with such things :)

JuanArango wrote:
hmm, I remember this was a long and winding discussion, as soon as I am able to talk to david or jan I will keep you all updated how we will proceed with such things :)

I remember it very well. Here's the last iteration of it http://www.tvmaze.com/threads/2648/loch-ness. Somehow there was no mentions of "way ahead" rule back then :)

OK, tnt and myself just talked to david, seems Ravedave and myself remembered something wrong, this can happen :)

If a show is solely produced by ONE country, it will always get the airdates of that country, no matter if the show is airing earlier in another country.

cheers and sorry for the confusion

Juan

JuanArango wrote:
OK, tnt and myself just talked to david, seems Ravedave and myself remembered something wrong, this can happen :)

If a show is solely produced by ONE country, it will always get the airdates of that country, no matter if the show is airing earlier in another country.

cheers and sorry for the confusion

Juan

\o/ Achievement unlocked.

Silver lining? Now the policy doesn't need to be rewritten. :)

Try 30 days of free premium.