Try 30 days of free premium.

Edit Requests

obdue wrote a year ago: 1

@vascy wrote:
Hi! That show is an international production (several networks involved) and mainly filmed in english, so the original title is the english one, than is translated in various languages but it's not a german series, or at least not exlusivetly. The series is being released first on Play Suisse https://www.srgssr.ch/fr/news-medias/news/la-serie-dramatique-abysses-sur-play-suisse

How is it "first" if that's precisely the same schedule as on ZDF, both streaming and linear https://www.zdf.de/zdfunternehmen/pressemappe-der-schwarm-104.html?

As for the "original title" - the show is based on a German book "Der Schwarm", so by any means, this is the original title, and others are translations. And for what it's worth, it's developed by a German producer and produced by a German production company (except the Belgian shooting) for a bunch of networks.

LadyShelley wrote a year ago: 2

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I think the issue here would mainly be soaps - a character could marry several times and become synonymous for having one name throughout their appearances on the show. I would lean towards calling them how they are currently credited and everything else as an AKA. But this may even be worth creating a completely new thread for as I know it's a bug bearbear of @LadyShelley and @RoseRed too :). 

My two bits is that a character's listed name here should be however they are first introduced and everything else is an AKA. Marriages, rank changes, those can all be considered spoilers in my mind. 

Aidan wrote a year ago: 1

@LadyShelley wrote:
My two bits is that a character's listed name here should be however they are first introduced and everything else is an AKA. Marriages, rank changes, those can all be considered spoilers in my mind. 

On most procedurals we do the opposite and name after current rank. With older ones as aka. I think it's come up a few times before and that's how we were told to handle it.

RoseRed wrote a year ago: 2

@TomSouthwell wrote:
I think the issue here would mainly be soaps - a character could marry several times and become synonymous for having one name throughout their appearances on the show. I would lean towards calling them how they are currently credited and everything else as an AKA. But this may even be worth creating a completely new thread for as I know it's a bug bearbear of @LadyShelley and @RoseRed too :). 

I know what I'm supposed to say but jeez she's been Shelagh Turner for 10 years/seasons. If you put her back in her habit yet her 3 kids (and Timothy) are in almost every episode now - weird. Is it really a spoiler if she's been Shelagh that long? Just my opinion.

MTQueenie wrote a year ago: 1

@LadyShelley wrote:

I completely agree with this. 

kevin87 wrote a year ago: 2

@LadyShelley wrote:

That's how I felt, but we've got one who left being a nun listed as her current name and one who becomes a nun listed as her original name. I feel like it should be the original too, but if not, we should have the rule in place for both. The marriages and stuff seem to be done as AKA already, which is good because some of those are kind of spoilery too because of who they marry, it's mostly these two characters. Especially Shelagh since she gets changed so much.

@RoseRed wrote:
I know what I'm supposed to say but jeez she's been Shelagh Turner for 10 years/seasons. If you put her back in her habit yet her 3 kids (and Timothy) are in almost every episode now - weird. Is it really a spoiler if she's been Shelagh that long? Just my opinion.

Sure, but maybe somebody hasn't started the show yet. It's not like they'd know it's her kids unless they watch the show, and if for some reason they looked at the characters they'd think the guy just had more kids later. I'd say if somebody's just beginning, knowing a nun leaves is a significant spoiler, even if it happened early and so long ago. But all in all, it'd be nice to just have it settled.

Aidan wrote a year ago: 0

@LadyShelley wrote:

@MTQueenie wrote:
I completely agree with this. 

That's silly. We should always go with the most detailed and up to date information.

Spoilers are a non-issue as everything, including cast appearances, can be a spoiler. If people are worried about spoilers they shouldn't look up show/episode details.

fli718 wrote a year ago: 1

@CostaDax wrote:
Airtime changed to 21:00! :)

Thank you!!

ThatGuy_R8There wrote a year ago: 1

@obdue wrote:
Actually, it doesn't.
This name was mistakenly used in the UK TV guides.
However, the name used by HBO is a line from Hank Williams' song which Joel and Ellie are listening to in the car.
"Oh, Lord, if you hear me, please hold to my hand"

In any case, "Please Hold to My Hand" is the name officially used by HBO https://www.hbo.com/the-last-of-us 
So you may want to consider un-fixing it.

Oh interesting, thank you for the insight!

vascy wrote a year ago: 1

@obdue wrote:
How is it "first" if that's precisely the same schedule as on ZDF, both streaming and linear https://www.zdf.de/zdfunternehmen/pressemappe-der-schwarm-104.html?

As for the "original title" - the show is based on a German book "Der Schwarm", so by any means, this is the original title, and others are translations. And for what it's worth, it's developed by a German producer and produced by a German production company (except the Belgian shooting) for a bunch of networks.

The book does't matter. The production is international for the international market, english is the primary language, german is barely spoken in the first 3 episodes (I heard french more) but you are right that the production companies are mostly germans.  (Not that does matter but the shooting were in different countries as well). The title  should be in english (on imdb is in english also and several other sites, listed as the original title, like here: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Swarm_(s%C3%A9rie_t%C3%A9l%C3%A9vis%C3%A9e))

CosmicHowl wrote a year ago: 1

@vascy wrote:
Hi! That show is an international production (several networks involved) and mainly filmed in english, so the original title is the english one, than is translated in various languages but it's not a german series, or at least not exlusivetly. The series is being released first on Play Suisse https://www.srgssr.ch/fr/news-medias/news/la-serie-dramatique-abysses-sur-play-suisse

Hi, Der Schwarm is the correct name according to our data policies.

The name must be the original name given by the network or web channel. 

Normally, the name's original language and character set should be used, no translations or transliterations. However, some shows are known by multiple names, all of which can be considered official [...] Such a name is only considered official when it's actively used by the Show's original network or producers.

https://www.tvmaze.com/faq/13/shows

The original network is ZDF, a German network who commissioned the show to be made and it is produced by Schwarm TV Production, a German company. It has been distributed internationally to other broadcasters who are not involved in the production of the show, so alternate show names in other languages have been added to the AKA section

The page you linked shows the same dates that ZDF has for streaming and broadcast so ZDFmediathek is still the main network.

Try 30 days of free premium.